Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my BLUNG RUNG!! MAN are they bright. Was able to finally test them at night at Jims. Nice visiting withyou again too brother! So, we decided I would do a test run home to see if anyone would flash their lights at me for being so bright. Yeah, they're that bright! Flipped the switch at Jims, and we all had to take a step back and squint! So, nobody flashed me, but I could see the super white light I was putting out off the sides of my lights, on oncoming cars as they go by, and approahing signs lightnig up almost blue! Kinda looked like HIDs. So, heres a shot... BTW got the side marker tinted wih a mopar "m" on the side marker, NICE!!

Attachments

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
so these are bright enough to use as headlights? would the red/white halos be just as bright?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative as headlights, nooo.... did look really wild turning the headlights off just to see what it looks like. Looked pretty cool, but not bright enough as driving lights. Probably made visibility of ...(guessing) 30-40 ft ahead, compared to normal 100-120 ft

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
how about mixed halos/headlights? There's a highway near here bad for deer and sometimes there's traffic so I can't use high-beams, and it would be nice to get more light to have more warning for deer.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are FlashTechs, SUPER bright! Looking foward to the fog light rings, and then 'tuning' them down with the regulator to balance the brightness. If you notice in other guys full set ups (lights n fogs) usually the fogs are brighter than the headlights. Less rings (2 compared to 4)

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well...just spoke with FlashTec, asked how the tuner screw would work to Adjust only the fogs... anddddd, it cant. So, when the fogs come, (few more weeks!?) Guess I'll need a 2nd regulator??? that sucks. Anyone got any ideas on this 1??? goal is to even out brightness between heads & fogs

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
They are so bright that they even turn heads during the day. Especially if you have the amber LED strip.

As bright as these Halos are, they are only bright when looking at them.
They do not reflect and focut the light forward enough to see down the road in front of you.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx guys, 'preciate the comments and feedback. Was so proud of my lil "m" on there. Magmania... I was trying ohard to get an amber strip in there. Long story short, I decided I could make a DIY LED tube on the outside...thats what I told myself so I could seal em up and get them installed

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Thanks Dennis for coming by last night to show Tee and I! MAN.... those bling rings are AWESOME! When he was first coming out of our development I didn't know what the heck that was... FIRST time I've seen them in person and they are really cool! Also was GREAT to see you again too.

·
Um... hullo?
3,469 Posts
well...just spoke with FlashTec, asked how the tuner screw would work to Adjust only the fogs... anddddd, it cant. So, when the fogs come, (few more weeks!?) Guess I'll need a 2nd regulator??? that sucks. Anyone got any ideas on this 1??? goal is to even out brightness between heads & fogs
You could add some inline resistors, but you'll have to size them properly. Ohm's law is your friend here :)

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Dennis for coming by last night to show Tee and I! MAN.... those bling rings are AWESOME! When he was first coming out of our development I didn't know what the heck that was... FIRST time I've seen them in person and they are really cool! Also was GREAT to see you again too.
Good seeing you guys too, glad I caught ya on the way out..., BTW got ALOTTA looks on 52, 1 guy in his mustang, ' ...man, I aint ever seem that B4, I LIKE IT!!'
You could add some inline resistors, but you'll have to size them properly. Ohm's law is your friend here :)
Thanx OneLook...I still got a few more weeks b4 they get here, just wanted to get some ideas to bounce off other people(FlashTec and friends helping with the install)

·
hit it like a stormtrooper
2,472 Posts
I love the looks of the Rings. I have blue ones on mine on the headlights and fogs and I drive with them on in the daylight sometimes and get lots of looks. I wouldnt dare drive with them at night(unless I wanted to talk to the police) they are very illegal. I hit them on the freeway one night and they lit EVERYTHING blue, the road, the streetsigns, the other cars. It was crazy. Looks real good

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the looks of the Rings. I have blue ones on mine on the headlights and fogs and I drive with them on in the daylight sometimes and get lots of looks. I wouldnt dare drive with them at night(unless I wanted to talk to the police) they are very illegal. I hit them on the freeway one night and they lit EVERYTHING blue, the road, the streetsigns, the other cars. It was crazy. Looks real good
They're head turners 4 sure! Pulled in a parking space yest, wasnt even dark yet, and got 2 big 'ol smiles and finger pointing...might start turning em off! ...nahhhhh! But when I 1st discovered these, BLUE was what I wanted, thought about the dual colors for a minute... thought the spacing was too much. Tell ya what too... the 'dotted-line' of LEDs with these is NO issue at ALL as soon as you flip em on....alls forgotten. The biggest deciding factor to go with the LED style 4 me was seeing other people switching from CFFLs to LEDs because they wanted brighter. Figured I'd throw that out there 4 anyone on the fence! GET THEM IGGY!! (Igolo):cool30:

·
//CMOM | Secret Agent//
3,243 Posts
Looks good D. Glad you were able to knock it out. As for the fogs, shoot a PM to plcman on LXF, he can take care of ya.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
'Preciate that "Hells"
Thanx Burleson. :beerchug:I think I'll hit em up and see what hes got for some ideas for balancing the brightness, or utilizing that reulator. Oh BTW,I took off that hunk of plastic (air silencer) blockin all my air finally!! Sounds and pulls ALOT better!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts