Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I just bought an 06 magnum RT. I have been looking at some sites for an exhaust and wanted to get some input as to what would be better, long or short tube headers. does anyone have experience with these? dyno sheets would be great so i know what to expect. I have experience with Old School muscle from the 60's and 70's but these new fangled cars worry me a little. just all the technology and all. anyway, i am also looking to get a SC, intake and throttle body spacer along with a whole new exhaust. there are four different headers that i have been loooking at, the Mopar, dynotech, gibson and JBA, the last two are shorties. Found them at High Horse Performance. Auto Truck Toys. com also has some things for the Magnum too. are Mopar parts worth it or am i just paying for the "M"? I have only ever worked on GM's. I saw one other post on this forum about headers, but it went nowhere so i am trying to get a concensus about this b/f i spend lots of dough and the wife gets mad. thanks.

Pete

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
First, welcome to the site.
I believe the SC tuner only works with the shorty headers for now, until they start with their custom tunes.
From what I've seen the throttle body spacers add little more than a whistle to the intake and not much more.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Mopar Parts are basically relabled aftermarket parts. The exhuast kits are made by Borla.

Where are you located? I think in California the long tube headers aren't smog legal. I agree with SocalRt on the TB spacer. They are mean't for carburated engines and not todays modern engines.

If you are looking for a header and exhaust combo, check out the group buy http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I don't have the headers, only the JBA exhaust and K&N intake. The sound is much nicer and feels faster. I never baselined the car at the track in its stock form, so I don't know how much poser it added. According to the manufacturer's, the K&N is supposed to add 20 HP(kinda hard to believe) and the Exhaust and Header combo is supposed to add another 20HP.

·
Registered
320 Posts
you will find a wonderful sound from headers but wont really feel a big performance difference without ported/polished heads as well.
Here is a video of the install:
http://grinnerhester.com/headers.html
I'd do it again. Love the sound. Mean as hell. Didn't feel a difference until after the new heads went in. Now it'll throw ya in the seat in 5th gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts