Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that i just got a job, I'm going to be putting money into my baby again..
She needs some new eyes and i figured i'd ask in the forums for some adivce
**I would like to tint these headlights possibly to murder my car out**
but any suggestions would help right now:notworthy:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
tinting may get you a ticket, then wet sanding back down n polishing em....ugh! Probably just want to black out the housings. I originally planned on OEM black pearl color matching mine, but just wound up gloss black and looks great!

Attachments

·
"INSTITUTIONALIZED"
5,718 Posts
U kan black em out if U want-I recommend doin it in tha smoke tranzparent vinyl-that way if U do get F*CKED wit or get tired of that look-U kan juzt peel em off ya digg!!!!!

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
^^^ I baked mine and removed the lens. Painted the housings and side marker black, installed AAC halos/HID kit. Taped the lens where I wanted the eyelids to be, then I sanded and painted. Remove the tape and now ya have eyelids. Reseal and let dry... reinstall. The result is sexy new headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Like my buddy Frosty (one of my inspirations for this particular mod that is), mine. 2007 SXT, painted bucket inside and eyelid in Brilliant Black, and two light coats of Nightshades on the reflector.

After redoing the eyelid, adding in a bit more wrap around.

I need a new drivers side light, mine is a cheap china made knock-off which looks like crap now (lens is messed up after pressing it back onto the bucket).

·
Registered
896 Posts
i would black housing headlights...u can get them on ebay for 225 shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
... Or buy a $4 can of spray paint and crank up the oven. It's not that scary. (no sarcasm)
Werd! Those lacking skills, tool and/or oven should be able to find a punch-drunk confident CMer close-by before shelling out a couple yards for what they already have but simply needs some heat, sanding and paint.

·
Registered
896 Posts
... Or buy a $4 can of spray paint and crank up the oven. It's not that scary. (no sarcasm)
Haha...i would have to have a set to experiment with before i tried that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts