Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Headlight Swap Step by Step

1) There are 6 plastic "rivets" under the radiator cover. The head has a slot on it and just gently pry up. This will loosen the front fascia abit so you have a lil room to work with.

2) There are 2 bolts (5/16 i think) and a ball and socket pivot point that holds the light to the car. One bolt is on top, one is on the bottom middle. Take a hand towel and place it on the facia and pull down a bit to give you some room. Take a ratchet with about 9" of extension and take the bolt out. What I did was take it to about 2 threads from coming out and then use mechanical fingers and unscrewing it the rest of the way. This way I didnt drop the bolt. Then pull on the headlight assembly to unsnap it from the ball and socket pivot. This is a lil nerve-racking because it feels like you are going to break something.

3) To disconnect the wiring, the high beam is easy just release the catch. The lowbeam has a red retainer on the connector. Pull it up and then you can disconnect it. DONT try to pull it all the way off, it will fly off and you will be on the lil red plastic piece hunt like I did haha.

4) Install is opposite of the removal. If you dont have mechanical fingers, tape the bolt to the socket for the bottom bolt. Tape it lightly or you maybe trying to reach in there to retrieve the socket. Also the fascia is pretty sturdy, but try not to stretch it too much. Dont worry it will stretch back. You can see in the picture the chrome light has a lil space under it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my black lights are waiting for me at home...cant wait to get em on there...should be a doable winter project, unless its unbearably cold out...il post pics when its all done (and a mid shot)

-todd-

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
northeastern08 said:
my black lights are waiting for me at home...cant wait to get em on there...should be a doable winter project, unless its unbearably cold out...il post pics when its all done (and a mid shot)

-todd-
As long as i isnt windy it wont be too bad, takes about 30-45 min to do it. The bottom bolt is the b*tch, use tape it lightly to the socket or mechanical fingers to start it when reinstalling.

·
Registered
160 Posts
356magnum said:
As long as i isnt windy it wont be too bad, takes about 30-45 min to do it. The bottom bolt is the b*tch, use tape it lightly to the socket or mechanical fingers to start it when reinstalling.
i was thinking my claw tool/mechanical fingers type tool would be perfect...

one of these guys here

we shall see, should be home to do it like the 16th or 17th...and i was even saying to myself if its really cold out, i could do one, rest and warmup inside then tackle the other one, so i should be able to do it

thanks man,
-todd-

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
northeastern08 said:
i was thinking my claw tool/mechanical fingers type tool would be perfect...

one of these guys here

we shall see, should be home to do it like the 16th or 17th...and i was even saying to myself if its really cold out, i could do one, rest and warmup inside then tackle the other one, so i should be able to do it

thanks man,
-todd-
yeppers perfect, its what I would have used if I could have found them. Living in an apartment without a garage SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts