Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys I just got a 2005 r/t and the headunit will not light up but controls sound fine but nothing visibly.
I was wondering how involved it would he going to an aftermarket headunit.
I would want it to be touch screen and bluetooth.
The bluetooth isn't a deal breaker but I want to be able to at least have an aux input so I can play my phone.
Any help Info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an Atoto 10" touch screen in my ride. It's a Chinese tablet on a swivel, looks badass and works well for what it is. $300 on amazon and install was easy after amp bypass.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an Atoto 10" touch screen in my ride. It's a Chinese tablet on a swivel, looks badass and works well for what it is. $300 on amazon and install was easy after amp bypass.
It's a cool setup ... and what do you mean by the amp bypass? I'm new to audio and new to these cars so excuse my ignorance

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a cool setup ... and what do you mean by the amp bypass? I'm new to audio and new to these cars so excuse my ignorance
So if you have a trim package that comes with the premium audio system, theres an OEM amp that the head unit runs to before hitting the speakers. With my setup I had to bypass that which they make a kit for (I'll link in another comment) without doing the bypass on a premium system, if you install an aftermarket headunit, only the rear speakers(and maybe the tweeters) will have actual sound while the door speakers will only have bass. If you need help PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts