Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some research on the internet & I found out AWD Magnums has a greater 1 inch tire clearance than the rest of the other stock Magnums. So if I was to buy 24s, I may not need to make any kind of mods to it due to the extra 1 inch clearance. Now is it possible to fit 26s on my Magnum just by shaving the ARM bolts since I have that extra 1 inch clearance? Thanks.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Dunno for sure, but Goodfellaz had to extend his spindles an inch or so to fit 6s on his RWD. Be aware that you need a high offset rim for a AWD with whatever decision you end up makin.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
The extra 1" clearance is in the overall height of the car. The suspension components are still going to give you the same problems with a 26" wheel that a RWD car would.
The spindle arm (black) that connects to the upper ball joint (2) is going to be the same on the AWD and RWD cars. It needs to be lengthened to use 26" wheels

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It will be hard to find some 26's to fit a awd mag your selection will be very limited cuz the offset required.... And I had to get extended spindles plus shave the upper control arm bolt to fit mine on my rwd plus roll the fenders,hammer back some pinch welds and cut a lot or just remove the inner fender liners... But I have 255/30/26 tires on a 26x10 wheel with a +13mm offset... If you get the 275/25/26 tires you probably won't have to do as much as I did I think they are like a 1/2 smaller diameter then mine..

Sent from my HTC EVO on tapatalk

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just looking at your mag Chris makes me want to put on 6's soooo bad
Thanks.... I so want bags so I can tuck my 6's I think it would look so bad a$$....

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
An AWD Mag is really a pain. I'd go to UCL but they only make extended spindles for RWD. Is it possible if I can just use an universal car lift like this?: http://universalcarlifts.com/product_info.php?products_id=137

I may not want to take the chance of extending my own stock spindles since they're the only ones I got if anything goes wrong with the welding.

Like I posted above, The limitation is with the spindle arms. You CAN NOT use a tire greater than 30" inches in diameter without lengthening them.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It's the same spindle there is no difference!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I have a clear understanding now. I'm sorry if I've aggravated any of you guys lol. Like I said in my first post, I'm as noob as they come, this is my very first (not including my BMW) car. Thanks for all the help.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Ok. I have a clear understanding now. I'm sorry if I've aggravated any of you guys lol. Like I said in my first post, I'm as noob as they come, this is my very first (not including my BMW) car. Thanks for all the help.
No worries! I'm sorry if I gave the impression of being irritated

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You didn't aggravate anybody that's why we are all here to learn and share the information we have.. We are all like a big family around here the Love of our mags bring us all together!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts