Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site. Great to find a Magnum Only site. Stationed at Offutt AFB, NE. Im into the world of stereo mods. Havent done much more than that to the Magnum. Springs are the only mods I am going to do other than stereo. Oh yeah I have a 05 SXT, just turned over 15K miles.

·
Administrator
857 Posts
Welcome. We have actually been around for about a month, but suffered a server crash over thanksgiving and had to start over:mad: . I guess it was better that it happened while we were young. Help spread the word. I didn't see any Magnum only forums out there. I saw some Charger and 300c only forums. Hopefully, this will become the spot for Magnum info.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
admin said:
I didn't see any Magnum only forums out there. I saw some Charger and 300c only forums. Hopefully, this will become the spot for Magnum info.
Thats the main reason I joined up. I had too many dodge/magnum forums. Now jsut down to 2. Yippeee!

·
Registered
160 Posts
356magnum said:
Thats the main reason I joined up. I had too many dodge/magnum forums. Now jsut down to 2. Yippeee!
Im still on 4 of em. And Im donating members on each so Il probably stay active on all of them...which reminds me Mr.admin is there a donation section? or will there be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
High Speed Buffeting

Old cars never used to do this. When they started with the "aircraft doors" pioneered in the modern era by the Ford Taurus and T-bird, it eliminated the recessed windows in frame channels and the rain gutters on cars. With the gutters and window channels, there was lots of turbulence all around the car. When a window was open there was so much air tumbling around it could not set up a vibration. With the smooth exterior of the modern cars when the laminent flowing air finds a hole it must pressurize and evacuate the cabin rapidly causing the helicopter (buffeting) noise. Cracking open a second window makes it impossible for he air to pressurize the cabin and in turn eliminates the annoying sounds.
Sorry for not getting back in a while. The buffeting I'm talking about is from the turbulance created by the big rigs. Anytime I get close to them the car gets an unstable feel to it. It kind of a "nervious" feel is the way to discribe the condition. Wasn't sure if it has to do with the roof shape or what. And yes I do get the buffeting sound in the car with the windows down , but only over 50 mph. We have a Pacifica that does it real bad at 35+ mph too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts