Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Very happy to see an entire forum dedicated to sharing love for such an amazing car.

Got my first Magnum in May ‘08. It was a used 2005 SE Base Midnight blue with 89k kms. Everyone in my family hated it. They kept saying things like “it looks like a hurst”. Which I instantly got offended by, cause it looks nothing like it.

Had my “Maggie” for over 11 years. Then the maintenance bills kept pilling up cause all my car money went towards my wifes car. She drives a lot more than I do and she takes the kid to and from daycare in that car. So obviously it’s far more important to make sure her car is good condition.

I regrettably traded the Magnum in with 226,000 kms on it for a more “reliable and fuel efficient” 2012 Civic. Had this car for about a year and half now and I’ve always hated that decision.

Been dabbling with the idea of getting an R/T with the V8 and sunroof and that’s it. I’m never getting rid of my Magnum ever again. Last car I will ever own.

And lately I’ve been seeing concepts and kits for a Magnum “hellcat”. Which looks like sex on wheels. Would love some input from other Magnum owners who may also be thinking of doing the same thing.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats going on!!! Im glad your thinking about getting an R/T they are a lot of fun! I own two magnums because i love the car so much but wanted a little more power so decided to get an RT. ive been thinking about evetually either trying to do a hellcat swap or maybe even a 6.4 but im not 100% sure which i want to do yet both are pretty costly but i think it would be a fun build.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it would cost less to sell one of your Magnums and find a clean low mileage SRT rather than upgrading an RT. I bought the RT because I wanted to get reasonable fuel economy. I think with the SRT cars you can almost see the fuel gage drop as your tach needle goes up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts