Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the site and thought it would be a useful asset for my magnum. Its an 05 SXT that I'd like to do some changes to, but haven't found the right places to look for parts. I'm mainly looking for 19" wheels right now and body moldings and emblems from an 06 SXT. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Welcome to the site. Why 19" wheels? There are much more wheels and tires available for 20". As for the moldings and emblems, ebay would be my first guess and then the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a low profile tire guy, so I thought with the 19's, I might have more tire under the car. I'd like a wider tire than the stock I have now, but don't want it to stick out the sides. How wide can I go? Also, I have a 3.5, can I get the exhaust rumble of the 5.7, if so, where?

·
Registered
2 Posts
bookemdano

FYRFYTR said:
I'm not a low profile tire guy, so I thought with the 19's, I might have more tire under the car. I'd like a wider tire than the stock I have now, but don't want it to stick out the sides. How wide can I go? Also, I have a 3.5, can I get the exhaust rumble of the 5.7, if so, where?
MAN I KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR I GOT 20'S AND STILL GOT ALOT OF WHEELWELL SHOWN IVE COME UP WITH A COUPLE OF IDEAS 1-FABERCATE WHEEL WELL.2-BUG THE HELL OUT OF AIR RIDE TO PUT A KIT TOGETHER.3-SPEND ALL DAY AT TIRE SHOP GET THE TIRE U WANT NOT WHAT THEY SUGGEST AND GO BACK TO IDEA-1.I THINK U COULD STUFF 22'S AND STILL HAVE ROOM FOR A 6'SIDWALL I CURRENTLY HAVE TOYO 245/45 ZR20 103W THE WIDTH IS PERFECT BUT IM SURE IF I WENT WITH A 22'RIM AND DID TIRE RESEARCH I WOULD HAVE NAILED THE LOOK WERE BOTH LOOKING 4.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT A LITTLE SOMEBODY SHOULD BE MAKING TALLER SIDE WALLS FOR LARGER AFTER MARKET RIMS.SORRY I CANT HELP YOU OUT ON THE SECOND PART OF YOUR QUESTION.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
FYRFYTR said:
Found the site and thought it would be a useful asset for my magnum. Its an 05 SXT that I'd like to do some changes to, but haven't found the right places to look for parts. I'm mainly looking for 19" wheels right now and body moldings and emblems from an 06 SXT. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

What color is your Mag? I have some silver mouldings with the chrome stripe from an RT. Needs to have the moulding tape put on them.

Get ahold of Avon Custom Wheels, a supporting vendor here, for wheel options. I would love to step up to a set of RT wheels. Im trying to keep the car as much stealth as possible. I dont need my audio/visual system ripped off. E-Bay is a good place for the emblems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being a firefighter, I of course bought an inferno red one, so the silver mouldings wouldn't work, but I appreciate the offer. I haven't been able to find anything on ebay yet, will my local dealer sell me the 3.5 emblems? Thanks for the info. on the wheels, too.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Tire Size Calculator

Welcome to the forum.
Badges, you don't need no stinkin badges.

You want to keep the overall tire diameter as close to stock as possible. Here is an online tire size calculator that will help in selecting the proper size tire.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html I know it's a Miata website, but the calculator works great.
Your wheel selection is just as important and maybe more important than the tire size for how the setup will work. Make sure to get the correct lug pattern, as a lot of shops will try to sell you a 5 x 4.5" setup but you really need 5 x 115mm. Sure they will bolt up but they could give you problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts