Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My magnum has been making this weird small compressor motor type noise only when im driving. It doesnt do it during idle or anything else. It also makes a gurgling humming type noise when i step on the gas hard. Theres also times it wont accelerate when i step on it, like a mini delay. Anyone ever have this issue? 2005 dodge magnum 3.5 V6

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
So u mean like the engine sounds like it shakes??? Not sure what u mean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt sound like it shakes it just a loud buzz type noise. Its sounds like a stick shift driving on low gear. It gets louder that faster im going. And the humming gurgling sound is just when i step on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It doesnt sound like it shakes it just a loud buzz type noise. Its sounds like a stick shift driving on low gear. It gets louder that faster im going. And the humming gurgling sound is just when i step on it.
had a similar problem at lowish RPM in 1st gear, intermitantly. if you have the 4 speed box the same as me, then go for a trans flush, filter & fluid change. cured the noise but it still does it ocasionaly under different situations! if it was an old hydromatic or simular I would have gone for a band adjustment but I suspect a lazy electric clutch. would love to get to the root of the problem without pulling the box out or going to a dealership, let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Do u have an idea of where the sound is coming from ? Engine , transmission , etc? When did this first strt? Anything new you have done to the car? When's the last time u changed ur transmission fluid ? Motor oil? The transmission is very sensitive to fluids and specific if done incorrectly

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a simular noise and it turned out to be a vacuum leak. Have you ran it with the hood open and someone stepping on the gas? Does it run ok otherwise? Vacuum leaks will cause poor performance as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I flushed and refilled the radiator and so far no humming noise, i hope thats what it was. My tranmission was rebuilt back in October by A+ transmission and ive had to take it back to them 3 times. I keep getting codes P0700 P1775 and P0218 which is the one that concerns me the most. I think the loud buzzin is associated with the tranny. Im thinking just take it to Dodge and have them fix it since A+ transmission cant do it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well in my opinion is I can't do it and its not a aftermarket performance thing I usually take it to the dealer..especially for the transmission .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts