Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am about to get my dodge painted and I want the colors to match the ones in this picture. Only problem is that I'm not sure what color of red is this. Someone told me it looks like a cherry but I'm not sure if I'm convinced. What do you think?

Dodge Magnum Accessories & Parts

Also, I might as well ask what color black as well. Not sure it it's just black or some other more specific term.

Attachments

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
If they're custom colors, who really knows ? Two factory colors would be the easiest to match, and prolly cheapest, option. What about an OEM shade of red and an OEM shade of black ?

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Looks like Inferno red, not sure about the black. Think the paint code is on one of the door jam stickers. Might be one of the colors. Leaving half original seems kinda common for two-toning.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The Red is Clearly the Factory Inferno Red, but due to the poor lighting I cant tell if it is the Rare PEL or the Later more common PRH Inferno(Leaning more towards PRH).... As for the Black, the way it dulls with less lighting at the front of the car making it more of a Mat Color in appearence while the Inferno is still shinning, I would say that they just used a Gloss Black up top... Had they used the Factory Brilliant Black, I would imagine that it wouldve picked up the lower lighting as the Inferno did, but you can definitely tell that it did not.. The Color Combo looks Great together, but Im not a fan of the Forward transition nor a fan of how it drops off at the Tails like it does(Smoked Tails would look better, if not two toned IMHO)...

Oh and the Factory color code wont give you the color code for the Black, as that is either a Dealer or Aftermarket Shop painted scheme that was commonly applied to the lower trim level SE/SXT/ and Some RT's to bump the cost and give more Curb Appeal... Most Dealers employed such tactics cause they had a car sitting on the lot for too long, and instead of selling at a loss or trading off, they would Custom Paint and add 20-22" rims to help the car sell....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts