Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
The other day I was stuck in traffic and had nothing else to do and for some reason I decided to push the cigarette lighter lid and open it ( Yes I was THAT bored).
All of the sudden I heard a funny spring sound and seemed like something fell inside the dash and the lid stayed half way open. I opened it and saw that there is no resistance to the lid. I managed to take the whole thing out, remove the lighter wire and fortunately was able to get the little spiral metal that acts like a spring. (See Attached Pictures)
I can't figure out where it goes or how to put it back.
Does anyone know the answer ?
Please advise !

2qvxj76.jpg 359abl2.jpg 2ltpo35.jpg 2ept5j6.jpg

·
Registered
920 Posts
You need to remove the metal top cover off of the ashtray top. (The one with multiple bar codes on it) You just use a small flat head screwdriver to pry the tabs on one side and slide it off. Underneath that you will see where the coil ring attaches. The flat end of it fits into a little recessed groove towards the door side of the ashtray, and the coil section itself sits in a lower recessed area. You will have to pull the coil back a small bit after you put the tab into the groove in order to get the coil into that area I was talking about. Once you do that, just test open and close your door. I bought a heated seat ashtray to replace my non heated seat one. When I checked it out that coil was missing, so I had to do some swapping of parts. One thing I did notice is that after I did this, my door opens up like a rocket...instead of a slow gradual open like my old one did. I like it better like that.

Let me know if you need any further help/instruction

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir,
you are the man !
so folks, as TI3VOM said , this is where it goes ...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
So that's how you fix it, huh ? I wonder if I kept that lil piece. I was gonna order a whole new ashtray, but I can't find a preowned one that hasn't been "used". Gross.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thank you Sir,
you are the man !
so folks, as TI3VOM said , this is where it goes ...

No problem, happy to help! Just glad my description was good enough to understand lol. I'm more of a physical person than written person. You could write me instructions on how to change a tire, and my eyes will glaze over, but show me how it's done, and I'll be good to go for rest of my life :D.

Also, good looking out for other members posting up the finished product/results, so they could see what's going on/how they can fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts