1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPEAKERS
DESCRIPTION
FOUR SPEAKER
The four speaker system includes four speakers in four locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. There is also one 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf.
SIX SPEAKER
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel.
SIX SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available power of the speaker system is 288 watts.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I'm just runnin the stock 6 speaker BA system with a 400w amp and a single 10" sub in the side pocket enclosure I built.

·
LX Aficionado
2,499 Posts
resurrecting old thread

Ok - so I'm resurrecting this old thread to find out if anyone knows how many watts the BA system sends to the rear 6x9's - and if anyone knows if those rears are 4ohm or 8ohm impedance. I'd like to replace the rear 6x9's with something that will provide a little better sound for the system, probably 3-ways, but I'd like to know what wattage range and resistance to look at.
I assume that they are only getting around 40W, but I want to be sure.

·
LX Aficionado
2,499 Posts
Yeah, I can kind of guess based on knowing the amp is around 285watts... and clearly the front door speakers get more power than any of the other four. I just want to know if anyone out there has the exact info and whether or not the stock rear Boston 6x9s are 4Ω or 8Ω

·
One wicked azz car!
5,940 Posts
you might want to pop one out i hear some of the stock speakers are 2 OHM as for jammins info it all looks good but i have the basic system and it had 6.5 in the door so in the end always double check.......

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have to go with bigal on this one i have heard from many differant people that there were 6.5s in their doors and some with 6x9s and i think i also read somewhere that someone had one of each(one 6.5 and one 6x9) so before you dive in i would double check!!

·
LX Aficionado
2,499 Posts
I'm not messing with the door speakers, just the rears - and I know they are 6x9's because I had to tap into them for my LOC. (I didn't look to see what the resistance was because I hadn't yet decided to replace them)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the past the BAs were 2 ohms, most times the stock speakers won't have the ohms on it. I use an ohm meter to verify speaker setups prior to conecting to amps. The thing to remember is not to have any movment on the cone. The ohm ratings are nominal, pretty cool to watch then meter change when making the cone move. The only company in the past that used to make 2 ohm replacement speakers was BA, MBQuart used to I think, but no more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the past the BAs were 2 ohms, most times the stock speakers won't have the ohms on it. I use an ohm meter to verify speaker setups prior to conecting to amps. The thing to remember is not to have any movment on the cone. The ohm ratings are nominal, pretty cool to watch then meter change when making the cone move. The only company in the past that used to make 2 ohm replacement speakers was BA, MBQuart used to I think, but no more.
Infinity made/makes them. Check Crutchfield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts