Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Can we get some pictures posted of some 3.5`s?
I dont know much about the dodge engines yet, But I have a sneaking suspision that the 2.7 and 3.5 blocks may be the same, which means, that if the bolt ons start showing up for the 3.5, those of us with the 2.7`s could benifit as well. The only possibilities I have seen are, exhaust, intakes, and MAYBE... the JET chip.
Jim

·
120+ on the 14 FRWY!!!!!!
1,238 Posts
I just installed a Jet perf.stage 2 module along with a K&N drop in filter today. Im waiting for my Volant CAI to be shipped soon. Also had the Zoomers single exhaust system on for about 2 weeks now. If anyone else that has done these three upgrades could you tell me if you have noticed any big changes? Oh yeah and i did pull #11(20 amp) fuse for more than 30 seconds to reset the computer!:_muscles_

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
I just installed a Jet perf.stage 2 module along with a K&N drop in filter today. Im waiting for my Volant CAI to be shipped soon. Also had the Zoomers single exhaust system on for about 2 weeks now. If anyone else that has done these three upgrades could you tell me if you have noticed any big changes? Oh yeah and i did pull #11(20 amp) fuse for more than 30 seconds to reset the computer!:_muscles_

I have a K&N CAI, MagnaFlow Cat system and the stage 2 jet chip. You can tell there is a little more power, and the sound is fantastic. The chip helps with throtle response, and seems to help with shift points also when the gas is on the floor.

·
120+ on the 14 FRWY!!!!!!
1,238 Posts
Cool! I posted the same question on LX FORUMS.COM and a member named shan1911 had a 5 step instructions on re-setting the PCM(computer) I will have to try it tomorrow and see what happens?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have an SXT 3.5L and I've done the AEM Brute Force CAI, and custom exhaust CAT Back, with Xpipe and Big Max Turbo's. I love the increase in power and top end torque, I just want to get some more on the bottom end now, does the Jet chip help with that?

Trade for a HEMI and build on that.

JMO
PS I keep seeing this trade up to a Hemi crap.. here and on the LX forums... If we really wanted one, we would have one. The Hemi is nice, I've had one in a 1500, but with todays gas prices, and my 29MPG HWY, and the great HP that the 3.5 has, I'll stick with the lil 6 banger. You can take your Hemi and rotate... No one asks for your crap... why do you guys insist on putting down the 6?

·
Registered
285 Posts
PS I keep seeing this trade up to a Hemi crap.. here and on the LX forums... If we really wanted one, we would have one. The Hemi is nice, I've had one in a 1500, but with todays gas prices, and my 29MPG HWY, and the great HP that the 3.5 has, I'll stick with the lil 6 banger. You can take your Hemi and rotate... No one asks for your crap... why do you guys insist on putting down the 6?
Oh SNAP!!! Nice response :) Ditto that

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have an SXT 3.5L and I've done the AEM Brute Force CAI, and custom exhaust CAT Back, with Xpipe and Big Max Turbo's. I love the increase in power and top end torque, I just want to get some more on the bottom end now, does the Jet chip help with that?

Seeing I'm in a fair mood this morning I won't say too much, seeing I now also have an MSRT, I will just show you a lil something..

This is where I started:

Purchased Used October 2005

2005 Magnesium Pearl 2.7L V6 Magnum Getting New Shoes

First things firts...Need new sounds:

BEFORE & AFTER

XMAS came early in 05...WR Intake and Jet Chip Stage 2:

Installed WR Intake

Crappy stock exhaust and one ugly tip:

Zoomers Catback Installed:

Much better looking Tip: and boy did she sound mean

Grand Finale: March 2006

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not enough of a challenge.
At best you'll hit 230-240 crank hp from the 2.7 and it'll cost you dearly... It'll cost you more to mod the small V6 than to trade up to a Hemi. That Hemi badge makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside...:223: I don't want to sound harsh but that 2.7L Magnum is slower than molasses! A base Neon can smoke you!!! Don't be a penny pincher, you only live once.

·
Rollin' in a Wagon Still!
2,503 Posts
At best you'll hit 230-240 crank hp from the 2.7 and it'll cost you dearly... It'll cost you more to mod the small V6 than to trade up to a Hemi. And that Hemi badge makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside...:223:
that was uncalled for but since you warmed up!

the SRT8 badge can take that warm and fuzzy blanket you got off! lol :sterb032:

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts

Theres always a one upper.....

More power o the 6ers, at least they dont fill up as much!

·
Registered
258 Posts

How the He!! can you even afford a blanket with what you guys pay in gas and what you paid for the bigger engine? :)

Happy with my 3.5 with the price of gas. That and the fact I only paid $19,500 brand new.

·
But You Can Call Me Chris
2,042 Posts
I love my V6, would never get rid of it.

As much as I'd love to have an SRT8, there's really no point, for me anyway.
Sure it's got a powerful engine and can blow anything off the road, but you can only go a certain speed anyway. I'm not going to speed everywhere and risk getting a ticket.
Also Insurance, for myself, with be huge, i'm only 21.
And gas prices are rediculous, all of you guys in the states are complaining about high gas prices (for good reason), but here in Canada, with the conversion we end up paying more!! The price right now down the road is $1.02 per Liter. There's roughly 4 Liters per gallon so we're paying a little less than $4.08 per gallon!!! Ridiculous.

But i'm a hypocrite cuz i'd still LOVE to have an SRT8, but my V6 is perfect and practical.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts