Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says, i have myself a new magnum..Its a 2005 dodge magnum 2.7. It has 160,000 miles. I expected some problems and i was correct. My wife tells me to fix it and sell it. Yet i refuse. This was my dream car since i first saw it back a couple years ago. Right now having some problems with the car misfiring. Had the problem with the thermostat housing coming off, and another problem was the radiator gave up on me and cracked.. So those are two things i have already had to repair. In addition the shifter problem is something i had to find out as well that it locks up from time to time on park.. Fortunatelly the previous owner made a hole so i can easilyj flick the trigger that locks. Forgot to mention im a DIY type of person, so im learning alot every time something goes wrong.. All my repairs begin from the internet, with the information you all provide. Right now this instance checking youtube and this forums for information to replacing the valve cover gaskets. Did a spark plug change, and found oil on valve 3. This means will have to change the head gasket as well, and might as well do the intake gasket. Hopefully this takes care of the problem that im having.. if not it will be the coils. Or probably gonna have to get a new engine.. Dont got the money for a new engine, but i would go that far to keep my car.. thanks for reading and good luck with your magnum.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome to the site! Don't give up on it...

·
Magnums Rule....
1,501 Posts
Welcome from PA. you came to the right place for advice.

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey!!! You'll find whatever you need here. Be sure to post pics!!!

Hope the mod bug bites :haha:

Matt

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Welcome from a SIX MAGNUM and TWO 300SRT family in North Carolina. After we bought our second magnum, started having problems and found out it was a Louisanna Flood car; after a YEAR we finally found someone to repair it; we never gave up on it and today it is running fantastic and just turned 29,000 miles.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome! It's a hell of a car, and once you get these problems knocked out, you'll be happy you went through the trouble, the wealth of knowledge here is unbelievable, you'll find the help you need, rare is the case that someone here won't know the solution. Best of luck, and keep us all in the loop!
Cheers from south florida

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome from cali

1 - 7 of 7 Posts