Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember, female here! I happened upon Dodgetalk.com today at work. I found someone on there with the same rattle problem on their magnum that I have.

To explain the noise, happens going over small bumps, hardly ever hear it when you hit big bumps (but still does sometimes) and of course you can only hear it when you are going at slow speeds, 30mph or less, window must be down.

So he gets a few replies, one said something about loose material in the cat (whatever that is) and the headers.
Another was Tension Struts - he said it is not a TSB, but a tech advisory (didn't mention how to fix it though)
Last reply was the swaybar ends come loose.

Now neither my husband nor myself are mechanically inclined (he builds houses!) so do you think it could be the swaybar? I don't know what that is. Is it dangerous to have the swaybar ends loose?

Can any of you guys relate to the noise and if so, how did you fix it? Like the original poster, the noise is driving me crazy. I had posted it before along with some other issues, but we're getting them resolved 1 by 1.

I would appreciate any thoughts. I've had it to 2 garages so far and nobody can fix it, or they never hear the noise either. Figures!!!

Thanks!

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
It could be the sway bar end links. I had a clunk in my front end over bumps around town after I installed my air suspension. I retightened the sway bar links and the noise has gone away. I had to hit it with an impact wrench as I couldn't get it tight enough by hand. It is possible, but you need a lot of leverage.

As long as the sway bar links are not completley off and dangling, you should be fine. The sway bar helps minimize body roll around corners. On my Dakota, I removed mine when I installed the air suspension.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I had the same noise after I installed my KW's, it was the sway bar ends where they connect to the strut.. The torque specs are 128 Ft lbs, which is about as tight as you can get a bolt by hand in that limited space.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve & Brett! So it sounds like an easy fix. My father has to have an impact wrench, he works on big 18 and 10 wheel trucks.

I appreciate your replies - if I can get this noise to disappear....I'll be happy.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts