Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background... Im 35, and my 06 magnum RT, is only my 4th car. And ive been driving since I was 16... I went through 2 college cars, buy for 2k sell for 2k 2 years later...
Then I bought a blazer, and drove it for 12 years till it literally blew up... Ok... not blew up, but the waterpump failed on a 105 degree day, and took out the engine...

So on the drive home from the chevy dealer, my wife said to me... I think its time to get a new car... (Cool wife huh :)) Youve been eyeing the magnum for 2 years, lets stop...

2 hours later, I was the proud owner of 06 Inferno Red RT...
6 weeks later... I cant stop googling/ebay searching for more... It started easily enough...

I thought the sound was kind of weak on the car with such a cool look. But, i was a mod virgin (come, who mods a chevy blazer... and why bother?) So I did as much research as possible, and frankly didnt want to buy a full cat back... And I didnt want to not be able to order drive through with the engine too loud at idle..

Started by replacing the exhausts with MagnaFlow mufflers and new chrome double walled tips with an angle that matches the angle of the rear bumper..
I had the mufflers painted black to make the chrome stand out more...

I also put in the K&N normal air filter. (not the CAI)

I let them cook in a bit... And I wasnt that happy with the sound... Not loud enough... The desease had started to take hold...

So I replaced the resonator/muffler in the middle with 2 18"x4 magnaflow resonator packs... Now it sounded like I wanted... And was quite at idle... Perfect...

But then I took it on the highway, what a drone... At 90MPH.. but it was annoying...

I wanted more.. No... I NEEDED MORE.. to hell with the drone... Ill just turn the stereo up... I just had my iPod installed via the VES...

So I ordered the MOPAR CAI... Basically, I new from my research, that I would not see much of a performance increase, but the sound would be even better...

I had 8-10 days before it came in (ebay purchase from a dodge dealer... ) But then I realized, its going to just SUCK installing that CAI with that stupid hood stand! So I ordered the prop struts .. Got those in from a different vendor.

So I got that installed... and holly S*** the sound when passing is fricking amazing... Its there engine sound wise...

Whats next... I need more more more... So Tires. I cant have stock... no just cant...

Got Chrome 20" Boss 327 wheels with Hancock 275/40r20s tires in. Man is that look from the rear great... the rear tires just look amazing in that wheel well...

So whats next? Well.. Now that I have these fantastic looking wheels... those calipers are getting painted red...

And the last thing I want to do (right now ;))... I want the engine cover changed out... Now here my new friends, is where you can get the Daytona engine cover?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/2006-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-RT-GoManGo-HEMI-Engine-1280x960.htm

Thats one hot cover... The MOPAR accessories 82209503 82209505 look like crapcompared to that...

Any ideas how/where I can find the daytona version?

Thanks...

Hawk...

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Welcome to the site and I think most of us can relate to your addiction. Be sure to post some pics when you get some. For the engine cover, you can contact Avon Custom Wheels, they are a supporting vendor and they are able to paint your engine cover to your specifications.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Welcome to the site. You don't need a new cover, you just need some paint work done.
To reduce the drone you may need to insulate the rear of your car with Dynamat or a similar product.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the addiction club. I could not see the whole picture but paint goes along way. Even the shock tower covers look great when painted. And don't stop. Keep spending the money on the car. It is a great feeling. SUPERCHARGE the beast..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just an update

Yeah... the rubber is hankook.... :)

I found the cover, I went to the Dodge dealer, and we pulled the vin of the daytona they had on the lot.

Its a Dodge painted cover, cost $75 less then the Mopar accessory cover, comes prepainted in HEMI orange, part number 4593694AA, $199 is what they gave it to me for.

Im painting my calipers this weekeng to match.

I thought about painting the stock cover (or having it painted), since its a pretty simple paint scheme.. I decided it was too dificult for me to do... Just because I have a LOUSY hand for that...

But when I spoke to a local shop, it would of been a 1 hour + paint job... The cost was about $100 or so... I understood, they have to make money as well... So I decided for the extra $100 just by the MOPAR part. Should be in on tuesday...

As to the drone... it went away when the CAI was put on.. I am now thrilled with the ride and sound at ALL speeds I have tried.

Im not much into the bling effect... not a huge bling it out. Thats why I went with the 327s... Simple 5 spoke, single flange, no "points" or arrows..

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Nice pics and the mag looks great. :trink39:

I love this quote from your site -

My wife says I've turned my car into a metrosexual.. Worrying about the look so much. Having it washed every other week. She never forgets to mention I have washed my Magnum more times in the 2.5 months I have owned it, then I did the whole 10 years I owned my Blazer..
My response. How could it be a metro?
The car is a SHE!
My wife wonders why I refer to our magnum as "she" or "her". :hubbah-hu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts