Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

im new to the site just got a 2006 mag se last week! So i installed my hid kit the day i got itthen I realized the infamous flicker issue everyone seems to have with the lx line.
I just picked up a relay with a Cap already on it and heres what happens when im in park
they work fine no problems but about 2-3 minutes into driving the driver side hid fickers once and then turns off the passenger side is fine! its really confusing I have them all wired to the harness and the cap is installed on the harness. anyone know the fix? I'm thinking it is something simple and im just clueless thats usually the case. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a japenese brand bought locally slim ballasts and 35w 8000k bulbs

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have ddm slim ballats 35w 6000k the only problem i had was that they kept flickering, got the ddm tuning error code elim.... and that solved it ... may b u should take a look they cost 15$ only

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I had Xentec HIDs and they flickered no matter what I did. Capacitors didn't fix em, a relay didn't fix em. They still flickered and I'd have one bulb cut out on me. Sometimes it was the right side, sometimes it was the left. I finally got fed up and replaced the kit altogether.

·
!!!GOBEARSGO!!!
3,874 Posts
Depending on the kit you get the ballast may be hollow inside so it flickers while you drive. Other brands are gel injected to absorb impact repel water and dust. Could be your problem here since you said they are fine while on park

·
Registered
113 Posts
prior to me putting my code cancel boxes mine would do this. I assumed that the change in gears/rpm caused a fluctuation of amperage that made the lights flicker out. I would think that the relay/capacitor you have would be similar though, i'm not sure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it ended up being the ballast I went to my supplier and he covered a new ballast at no charge due to my warrenty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts