Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever experience this? Is it normal? I have a 55w DDM 5000k kit and the smoke is coming from the bulb itself and I'm a bit worried...

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have posted this too soon, I wiped the bulbs down with alcohol swabs and it seemed to fix the problem. I may have accidentally touched the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Touch the bulb lately? could be burning off oil from the skin...
That's what I think it was, wiped them off and one of them did it for a few minutes then stopped and I ran them for a good 30 mins while I adjusted my projectors.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
This has happened to me when the bulbs are brand new but it didn't happen again. 55w HIDs burn super hot and are blinding to oncoming traffic. Even in projector headlights, they're blinding but not as bad. They'll damage your fog lights as well. I'd stick with the 35w if I were you.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, I've got them aimed low to where they would only flash other drivers if I were on a hill (as any headlight would) or if I hit a decent bump. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340086339.455295.jpg here's a preview. I should have the lights all back together by Wednesday or Thursday. This pic isn't on flat ground, they point a bit lower, it's an easy adjustment too if I end up blinding people.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
I don't flash drivers who blind me. I can deal with a few seconds of unpleasantness. Just sayin that just cuz you don't get flashed, doesn't mean that you're legal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts