Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Anybody else out there put a lot of miles on their Magnum? I have a 05 SE that is ready to turn 170,000. Knock on wood, the car has been good to me, nothing but regualr maintenance and tie rods replaced. just went out and bought a 07 AWD Limited 300 and hope to see the same kind of reliability with it. Can't get rid of my wagon though. She's home for good. What are your experinces with the higher mileage cars?

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Wow!! I just thought I'd covered some ground.. I've got an 07 se that I bought new in 08 and in less than 2 years I'm at 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Glad to see some off you have more miles then me.....my 05 RT has 131,000 and has been treating me right other then the normal stuff our cars seem to have problems with.

·
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
3,790 Posts
I'm just a little over 75K with my '06. The only repair required so far has been an inner tie rod...but it did change all inner and outers. I may have to replace the bushing in the suspension soon, though.

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
I have 105xxx on my maggie other the front end parts everything else is still good

·
Station Wagoneer
1,389 Posts
about to turn 115k on my 05 R/T

Lets be generous and say it averaged 20mpg over its life since Ma drives it slower than me...(I average like 15)..

Thats 5750 gallons of gas, hahaha.

As far as problems? Tie rods, tension struts, control arms are gone, alignment is effed, more tie rods, more tension struts....my suspension is blown. That's what 80k miles of pot holes and frost heaves (NH) will do to dodge suspension...

I'm sure my off roading habits haven't helped the matter though. Haha. Gotta get some cash and time and replace everything.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
06 SE, got the end of 05, just turned passed 62,0000 miles...

new rack - warranty
tension struts - warranty
new cam and crank sensor - outta pocket..

everything else was just normal things u maintain...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
05 RT AWD, 60500 miles. Bought it 2 years ago at 43k miles. New outer tie rod ends, lower control arm bushings, stabilzer bar end links all replaced out of pocket, DIY. Warranty on power train: front left half shaft replaced (torn CV boot) and transfer case serviced for TSB relating to low speed shudder.

Otherwise, love the car and hope to drive it until 150-200k!!! At the rate I'm going it'll take me another 17-23 years to put that much mileage on! LOL. Yeah right!

·
Registered
969 Posts
My 05 R/T has 80,000 but I have an 06 in the shop with 115,000 on it and he just blew the engine up because he has a major oil leak and drove to PA without checking the oil so he's out of oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! Anybody else out there put a lot of miles on their Magnum? I have a 05 SE that is ready to turn 170,000. Knock on wood, the car has been good to me, nothing but regualr maintenance and tie rods replaced. just went out and bought a 07 AWD Limited 300 and hope to see the same kind of reliability with it. Can't get rid of my wagon though. She's home for good. What are your experinces with the higher mileage cars?
Good morning, does anyone know the correct parts number for struts on a 2005 RT Magnum, I keep getting the ones that are to long,

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did a refi on my house to pay off a bill and get an extra $10,000.00 for a used Magnum. Surprisingly, my house payment dropped by $50.00 per month. I found a used R/T for $4,000.00 with 140,000 on the "clock." A retired mechanic at age 74, I don't work on my cars anymore. I took the car around the corner to my mechanic, and had them change oil in both engine and trans, look the car over, and do anything else needed. There was no sign of any metal in the trans oil pan. Replace trans filter. replaced struts & shocks, found it had a new rad, but old hoses, so replaced the hoses. The belt was new, replaced the fuel pumps so I don't have a problem on the road. Had them replace the spark plugs. They sent it to the tire shop down the street for alignment, and found tie rod ends & ball joints out of spec., so it went back to the shop and had front end rebuilt. Then it went back to the tire shop for alignment. Car ran great for 2 weeks, and then got a check engine light. I took it in for a can and found left bank running lean. They found one o2 sensor was out, so I had them change all four. There were a few other things that they took care of while the car was in the shop, but basically I spent $4,000.00 on what I would call "deferred maintenance". It may not have needed oil changes or plugs, but I wanted it done so that I have a record for my future maintenance. I had set aside $10,000.00 for the car and so far have spent about $8,000.00.

I do volunteer work at a camp every summer, so expect to drive to a camp in the mountains @ 90 miles away in the mountains 5 weeks plus a round trip to get things ready for the summer and another round trip to winterize everything for the winter. I figure I'll have a good idea about reliability after the summer is over. In addition we are planning a trip from So Cal to Utah at the end of August/early Sept. So far I'm thrilled with the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts