Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was boookin it around 100 the other day and my car started to get a nasty vibration. I have stock suspension, 20" Borbet rims. Supposedly they are balanced and aligned.

Any ideas? fixes? anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
still sounds like a balance problem to me, the shops normally do not balance tires up to that speed.....had the same problem at 80. went to a different shop. all fixed...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could be related to the rims and if they are hub centric or not. You may need hub centric rings to get them to balance out perfectly. A very good tire shop will know to check that out for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If this is related to the balance you'll need to request a high speed balance, as previously stated most shops don't balance tires over about 40mph.

·
Programming and wiring GURU
1,273 Posts
i would also check your rotors and brake pads make sure your rotors are not warped.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
They could if the side of the rotor is hitting the pads. It will have an annoying wobble on that side.
Hmmmm.... Good point. I think you found the source of MY vibration!

·
Programming and wiring GURU
1,273 Posts
its not definite just something to consider. but all of the previous postes should be takin into account.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Find a staight stretch of road, somewhere safe. Let go of the steering wheel or hold it lightly and apply the brakes.
If it's the brakes or rotors, the steering wheel will wobble with brakes applied.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Find a staight stretch of road, somewhere safe. Let go of the steering wheel or hold it lightly and apply the brakes.
If it's the brakes or rotors, the steering wheel will wobble with brakes applied.

What about when you're not toughing the brakes? I know my rotors are warped. Could they cause a vibration at normal driving speeds or even cause the car to pull to one side slightly?

Sorry to hijack the thread

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey no worries about hijackin it. you're doing all the work for me!! lol. Thanks. I will have to check my rotors. I am pushing 60k miles. Suspension still feels good. But i think the rotors may have something to do with it. At SLOWER speeds, when I apply my brakes, i feel a slight wobble sometimes. but I can't do the "back road test" because my car pulls to the right...even tho the "alignment is perfect"...and that is quoted from several mechanics!!! Still love my Mag! but sometimes the little stuff kills ya.

Thanks for all the suggestions yawl

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
hey no worries about hijackin it. you're doing all the work for me!! lol. Thanks. I will have to check my rotors. I am pushing 60k miles. Suspension still feels good. But i think the rotors may have something to do with it. At SLOWER speeds, when I apply my brakes, i feel a slight wobble sometimes. but I can't do the "back road test" because my car pulls to the right...even tho the "alignment is perfect"...and that is quoted from several mechanics!!! Still love my Mag! but sometimes the little stuff kills ya.

Thanks for all the suggestions yawl
My car used to pull to the right with the alignment set "perfect" so they said.

I had my inner tie rods changed again and then realigned the car. Perfect....No pull at all.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
What about when you're not toughing the brakes? I know my rotors are warped. Could they cause a vibration at normal driving speeds or even cause the car to pull to one side slightly?

Sorry to hijack the thread

More than likely.....No! I bet your dealing with bad tie rods. My car pulled slightly to the right. It was bad inner tie rods.

Check your wheel/tire balance and check your tie rods.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
If that's the case, Is there a brand of QUALITY tie rod ends you would recommend?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts