Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my magnum RT doesn't get the best miles But I mean I know it's A V8 and doesn't get good gas mileage anyway. But even with that considered I feel like mine is pretty low considering that my 05 magnum SXT gets 320 miles on a full tank of gas with a smaller tank than the Rt has. Im wondering could there be a problem with the car that im unaware of? i do push the car some what when i drive maybe that could play into thing but im just not sure would love to hear some feed back please
Speedometer Gauge Odometer Motor vehicle Measuring instrument

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
29 Posts
So my magnum RT doesn't get the best miles But I mean I know it's A V8 and doesn't get good gas mileage anyway. But even with that considered I feel like mine is pretty low considering that my 05 magnum SXT gets 320 miles on a full tank of gas with a smaller tank than the Rt has. Im wondering could there be a problem with the car that im unaware of? i do push the car some what when i drive maybe that could play into thing but im just not sure would love to hear some feed back please View attachment 83032
I have an R/T AWD, getting about 14mpg, 223 miles or so per tank, but I drive locally and am a little heavy on the foot. Tank lasts last me about two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an R/T AWD, getting about 14mpg, 223 miles or so per tank, but I drive locally and am a little heavy on the foot. Tank lasts last me about two weeks.

Wow I wish I was getting 223 per tank. I really get about what's showed above on a full Tank of gas which I feel like is really low I average about 7.8 miles per gallon which is also really low. I drive the car mostly locally as well just around town and to work every now and then I'll take it a little far not really though. I did however take the car at Vegas not too long ago And I did great on gas I really only filled it up from LA one time there 1 time back. So I'm really not sure what's going on with this gas I do drive the car hard have kind of a heavy foot But I don't think it should warrant such low gas mileage and I'm getting.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
29 Posts
You have something going on if you are burning up that much gas, you are getting half what I am.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Same, my 2008 R/T RWD with 5.7L engine lasts me about two weeks with a "heavy foot" haha, I was getting about 16-18mpg though if I'm real sweet with it. It's got "the thing" were it shuts off a couple cylinders when not being taxed. I haven't bought a $400 programer thing yet to turn that off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts