Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been looking at supercharger kits for my mag and other performance parts when i realized that they're expensive as hell! i saw a kit for more than 6 grand and i realized that i could get an inertia stroker for that much and have more power than an srt and that even with a supercharger for 6 grand i wouldn't even come close to beating one.
so being that i have a 3.5, i wanted to know how much i'd need to start saving up to go for the to a 407 stroker Motors
what all parts would i need for my sxt and how much money am i looking at for it all?

and if that's just way too expensive does the 3.5 motor inertia sells (bottomish of that page) sound worth it? how much money/power does that sound like? they didn't price it and i'd rather not call to find out if someone here can just tell me

sorry if im sounding retarded but i really want my mag to be as reasonably fast as possible before i'm done with college

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Understand that the 6k price for that 407 stroker is for a shortblock which includes the block and rotating assembly only. It doesn't include the heads, cam, manifold, wiring harness, etc. You're looking at close to 10k for a complete motor. Add to that the other necessary parts, install and tuning. You could be looking at 15K by the time you're done.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understand that the 6k price for that 407 stroker is for a shortblock which includes the block and rotating assembly only. It doesn't include the heads, cam, manifold wiring harness, etc. You're looking at close to 10k for a complete motor. Add to that the other necessary parts, install and tuning. You could be looking at 15K by the time you're done.
yeah man i understand it'd be way more than 6 that's why i had asked what parts i would need/money

and do you think the 4.7 would be better since it's for the 3.5? would i have to do anything more than just the stroker?

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
You better call Inertia and check your facts on the 4.0L stroker. Last I knew, the intake plenum caused major air flow restrictions which made it perform significantly less than expected. The final result was 277rwhp, less than the 10PSI S/C offered by Modern Muscle. Check out post #220 in the thread below.

3.5 Stroker build - Page 15

If you had the 4.0L stroker AND a S/C, then you'd get the SRT power you are looking for but the cost would be ridiculous.

do you think the 4.7 would be better since it's for the 3.5? would i have to do anything more than just the stroker?
Doing a 3.5L based swap would probably be easier than a 5.7L or 6.1L based swap since you wouldn't need to mess with any of the wiring harnesses and computer systems. I imagine it would be "plug and play" with the appropriate CMR tune.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You better call Inertia and check your facts on the 4.0L stroker. Last I knew, the intake plenum caused major air flow restrictions which made it perform significantly less than expected. The final result was 277rwhp, less than the 10PSI S/C offered by Modern Muscle. Check out post #220 in the thread below.

3.5 Stroker build - Page 15

If you had the 4.0L stroker AND a S/C, then you'd get the SRT power you are looking for but the cost would be ridiculous.

Doing a 3.5L based swap would probably be easier than a 5.7L or 6.1L based swap since you wouldn't need to mess with any of the wiring harnesses and computer systems. I imagine it would be "plug and play" with the appropriate CMR tune.
thank you so much for that thread man it's got all the info i wanted to know about the v6 stroker

could you give me a link to the supercharger?

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
It still might be worth giving them a call. At one point they were considering building a custom intake manifold to alleviate some of the air flow issues but I am not sure if they followed through with that project or not.

There is a member on LXF by the name of "clayman" who has run a 13.25 1/4 mile which is similar to what stock SRT8's run. He has the Modern Muscle supercharger running at 12PSI and he fabricated a custom inter-cooler for it. He also changed his rear differential to a Getrag LSD 3.73 and has some other misc. mods. I always keep an eye on his build as he plans on adding heads/cams sometime down the road.

Getting power from a 3.5L is possible but it's not cheap. You really need to look into and price all the options (including trading up for an R/T or SRT8) before making any decisions.

thank you so much for that thread man it's got all the info i wanted to know about the v6 stroker
If you scroll through the whole thing I think there are some dyno charts and a discussion on the air flow issues in there as well.

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
damnit they stopped producing that supercharger
Really? I guess they couldn't sell them. They come up used from tie to time. . . but not very often.

If you decide the S/C is the route you want to take you might be able to build your own using the Modern Muscle design. All you would really need to do is fabricate the brackets, the rest of the parts such as the Vortech blower, SRT4 injectors, pulleys etc. can all be purchased separately.

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
damnit they stopped producing that supercharger
I just came across this and found it interesting: Supercharger for 3.5 Dodge Chrysler engines in Challenger Charger Magnum 300 Supercharge Forced Induction

The gains are slightly inflated and it looks like additional components such as map sensor, fuel injectors, blow off valve, coolant tank etc. are not included in the kits but it might be something to look into. The blower isn't aesthetically appealing to me but performance wise it looks to have some potential.

PS: The 3.5L Challenger they are boasting about, which runs 11.92, also uses a hefty shot of nitrous so don't expect to get those gains with the S/C alone.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I mean if you have the cash to drop and want to have a first, i dont think anyones done a 7.2 440 hemi in a mag yet

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
It's like the old saying, "If you have to ask how much - you can't afford it".

J/K

GL

Bob .......... older and richer ( my RT is staying stock)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts