Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,082 Posts
Nice Andrew, very nice.

I would like to add something though. When I did mine the foam was just falling apart, if your foam is the same when you are attempt this then you need to be very careful nothing falling in the plug holes or the lower intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
8,082 Posts
One question - does anyone know what the round thingy in the upper left hand corner is called? It clips onto a metal bracket that is mounted on the outside of the strut tower

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^ Haha good question! I was wondering the same thing the other day.

And yeah I had mentioned in the write up not to let anything fall into the lower intake manifold. . . I can only imagine it would be very bad.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
It measures/regulates vacuum to the plenum its called the EGR Purge valve I believe.

·
5,183 Posts
Great write up man. Made it look easy! i see some new spark plugs in my future!

·
Registered
1 Posts
took me about 3 hours to change out the spark plugs, using this article...couldn't have done it without it! thanks a lot!

All the rubber seals were in great shape so i was able to reuse them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
is there or do u replace a gasket between the plenum a manifold in the middle?
I tried to put my Plenum back on without replacing the gasket and when i started the car back up it sputtered like hell so i went and replaced the gasket ($12 for the complete set) and then noticed one of the coil packs was broken too so that was $25... bolted it all back up, i was scared on torquing the bolts back so i just used 6lbs evenly, started it back up and everything ran great. I really cant say what the problem was but who cares its fixed now, so in my opinion since you have it off change the gasket. Its cheap insurance :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I tried to put my Plenum back on without replacing the gasket and when i started the car back up it sputtered like hell so i went and replaced the gasket ($12 for the complete set) and then noticed one of the coil packs was broken too so that was $25... bolted it all back up, i was scared on torquing the bolts back so i just used 6lbs evenly, started it back up and everything ran great. I really cant say what the problem was but who cares its fixed now, so in my opinion since you have it off change the gasket. Its cheap insurance :)
true true

21 - 36 of 36 Posts