Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi! This is probably a simple question to answer, but I'm not finding it. Hopefully someone can help!

I have an '05 3.5l rwd and would like to put on SRT8 calipers/rotors....is this a possible swap? and has anyone does it? what do i need?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well this is what we need for the 5.7 to srt8'swap idk what else is different for a 3.5l to and srt swap.dont really think u need it unless u plan to drop enough power down or for bragging rights but here you anyways hope it helps not sure if it will but at leat it'll give u any idea

Swapping SRT Brembos onto an R/T or 300C - Everything you need to know.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wish I could have gotten that for 300 what a steal I'm trying to figure out which brake an rotor kit to go with I what sharp stoping power but I had already picked up r/t kit an not brembo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2.7 se magnum and I need to replace rotors and pads.wondering if I could do the r/t brake kit upgrade. Would I need the same parts listed here or do I need extra parts, also would the procedure be the same?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I have a 2.7 se magnum and I need to replace rotors and pads.wondering if I could do the r/t brake kit upgrade. Would I need the same parts listed here or do I need extra parts, also would the procedure be the same?
Same parts/ procedure. 3.5 and 2.7 are the same brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wait, if I DO have the 18" wheels, I CAN DO THE R/T SWAP? The reason I ask is my SXT had steel wheels (Police Interceptor) and already had those calipers. I upgraded to 18" mag wheels (take offs from a Charger when I got the car) with new Michelin Pilots for $600 out the door. Place is called North Texas Takeoffs and they sell wheels & wheels w/tires they get from dealers when someone upgrades their standard set up and charges them big bucks. These guys make a business out of the 'take offs'... I recently upgraded to BAER Decela rotors and EBC Red Stuff brake pads. I wanted to upgrade to the rear calipers to be like the front ones. But from what I see on your upgrade, that won't happen? Which type of rear caliper will give me that? I see that the fronts on yours are two piston calipers and that's what I want for the rear wheels as well. I thought that the R/T was the upgraded version? So do any of the Magnums have two piston rear calipers? Your front calipers ARE two piston calipers, at least that's what I see in the pictures.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts