Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
miplank said:
how do you keep those panels from falling out, im assuming you most likely mounted them in there, but how?
You beat me to it, I have the same question. Theres no mention on how there mounted in there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Sorry, I'm still recovering from the move to CT.

I recommend screwing or bolting them in. To do this, you can remove the pocket with one screw in the back, one in the front, and then just pull it out. The front will still be connected, but it is flexible enough. You can remove the whole pocket by removing the bolt of the backreast and then popping that clip. Then then remove the speaker grille and pull perpendicular to the car and the whole pocket comes out.

Place the enclosure in the pocket and drill from the inside of the pocket, through both the plastic pocket and the enclosure. A coarse thread, pan head screw will work, you or you can use a bolt and nut. One or two behind the sub and another on the wheel well extension and it is secure.

Honestly, the enclosures do not move at all during aggresive driving. Think about where all the weight of the sub ends up being. It ends up putting pressure in the center and rear end of the enclosure, so they have the tendency to press into the pocket. I only recommend screwing them in so that in an accident they don't turn into a missile.

12"s will work, and I've done them, but they always get in the way of the fold up floor. 10"s can get recessed enough that the floors open fine, but since the pocket is 11 3/4" tall, it is obvious why a 12" sticks out.

If someone needs an answer faster, my email is [email protected] and I check it a few times a day.

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shame all the pix links have expired.... should have used photobucket :(

I was hoping to redo my rear sub enclosure (currently made of MDF) with fiberglass... but workig with that stuff scares the sh!t outta me.

oh well maybe someday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
cdn_magnum said:
Shame all the pix links have expired.... should have used photobucket :(

I was hoping to redo my rear sub enclosure (currently made of MDF) with fiberglass... but workig with that stuff scares the sh!t outta me.

oh well maybe someday.

Sorry about the pics. I've since changed to photobucket, there is NO reason to use putfile instead.

I'll get the pics up as soon as I can.

Don't be afraid to do some f'glass work. Start small and work your way up.You'd be surprised how quickly the mind can learn new things.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wondering if you have the time to put up the pics, cos i am looking at making a sub box myself and this tutorial is pretty much the only one that i can find on the net of this quality, but it really needs the pictures to go with it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update

Malenko said:
just wondering if you have the time to put up the pics, cos i am looking at making a sub box myself and this tutorial is pretty much the only one that i can find on the net of this quality, but it really needs the pictures to go with it
The original pics are on my mom's laptop in FL, I'm in CT. I should be able to get them back over x-mas when she comes up here.

I doubt I'll be able to take all new pics, but I might be able to snap a few.

In the meantime, feel free to email me with specific questions. [email protected]

Rob

21 - 38 of 38 Posts