Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
Very nice work Rob. You make it look easy! LOL!

I will add that after you put that final bead of sealant around the edges, run your finger along it to insure that it gets into all of the potential leakage points.

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
Yup- cause guess what- I washed it last light and had beads of water inside one light! :angryfire: Tore it all down, re cleaned all the old sealant and got it back together.
I wish the best for you as well as for everyone else who does this mod.
It's the best, most head turning mod out there and because of that it can be one of the most frustrating mods out there.

I have had mine opened up at least 5 times correcting problems and replacing components over the last 2 years.
As I type this I have a single section of my amber LED strip (5 LEDS) that are burned out.
I'm told by an authorized installer that every 5 LEDs has a resistor.
This particular section apparently has a faulty resistor. :censored:!

Just last week I took apart one of my foglights because the solder connection for the wire terminations on the back of the ring broke free.
I re-soldered the wires back on and hope to re-install the light this weekend sometime.

I keep telling myself that this is the last time I make repairs and that the next time something fails I'm just going to cut all of the wires and be done with it!

It's like crack cocaine I tell you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.