Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
120+ on the 14 FRWY!!!!!!
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
"CABIN AIR FILTER KIT"
Well for most of us that are just finding out about the cabin air filter that we didn't get in our Magnums here's my install with pics.........
Here is what you get when ordering the kit:

but i only used the part that holds the filter...

Ordered from MoparSuperCenter.com - Part #:

Tools needed or used: 1/4" & 3/8" Ratchets w/short extention, 10mm,13mm,15mm socket - assorted screw drivers,blue painters tape and utility knife

So lets get started. First remove the two pins that hold the cover to ECM and set cover and clips to the side.

Next remove foam piece just under hood strut.

Start removing plastic x-mas trees along plastic cowl. Use a screw driver to help pop it up.

·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
continued:

Also remove small x-mas tree pins holding rubber ends of cowl...

Then with a utilty knife or small screw driver pop off cover to wiper arm. Then using a ratchet & 15mm socket loosen nuts holding wiper arm.

Before removing arm put a couple of strips of tape for refrence marks for when re-installing wipers. (Optional)

Now you can pull on cowl and set a side. It's only held in by a few clips that snap it in...

·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Continued again....
Now with a ratchet and 13mm socket loosen both bolts - one holds ECM and the other holds black bar.

Once bolts are removed pull ECM out of the way so you have more room to work with pulling out old cabin air inlet...

Now with that out of the way. Use a 1/4 in. ratchet w/ 10mm socket and remove nuts to cabin air assembly.

Now its gonna take a little effort to remove old piece. It's over lapped by assembly surround. Just get it past threaded bolts and it should come out.

Now its time to install new cabin filter assembly w/ filter...Make sure lower tab slides in for a good seal...

·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And we are almost finish!
Now make sure new assembly slides behind and then adjust it to go over threaded bolts.--(first pic i broke the corner getting it in! DOH!!!)

Now it's all in. - Dont forget to tuck away washer squirter hose into assembly. Re-attach everything in reverse order and your done!

Thanks goes out to Jeff @ MoparSuperCenter!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Cool, my RT came with so I had to replace the filter only, and FYI: this is the cheapest place to get a/c filters: Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto search part # 24909, $9 instead of $30 at the dealer.

·
Mod Gnome Wrangler
5,926 Posts
Hey there's a filter under there! Looks like mine was equipped with it ---- but boy do I need to change that filter.

·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks HemiLover! I thought we could use a step by step install on this. This way there should be no other question except "How much for the part?" Glad this was usefull for everyone!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts