Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What I did was take a thin bladed knife between the rings and the bezels. Slid it until it hit a tab then slowly rotated the knife and they popped right out with zero braking. I lil textured black paint and it popped them back in. Lots of tabs, at first was thinking of just leaving it off all together and backlighting the holes with LEDs.

After painting (flash made it look shinny)

Did the shifter surround too

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks man, it was a piece of cake!

Yeah, I popped mine out like nothing, then painted it chrome silver with about 4 coats of clear! Mine was black but I wanted it to look like a R/T dash. Different strokes for all the dodge boy folk! Keep kool and thanks....Pablo:Rockin___

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SoCalRT said:
You guys should have just swithed rings....
Now you tell us hahaha. I wanted my "accents" to be the same textured paint as the radio bezel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
sure looks better black, man.
I need to take a new pic of my steering wheel buttons for ya. Phase two is lookin kinda coo.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

the flat paint was getting shinny spots from the oil from my hands. So I started to sand down the steering wheel inserts again. Come to find out the way that Dodge does is paint them silver then caot them in a clear plastic. I used a razor to lift the plastic and used a green scotch pad to take the silver off. NOw all i have to do is wipe them down and the oil comes right off without taking any of the flat black paint I used before. I bet the cluster trim rings are the same setup. Also the stereo bezel is the same I would guess.

·
QUE TU SABE DESO
1,435 Posts
Looks great JamminWagon!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just used vinyl Sticker material in flat black worked perfect for the steering wheel inserts
That would have been too easy ahahaa, I was going to do that but I had a ton of flat black paint cans laying around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts