Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of the programmers is the best and which has the most features?

I want one that will allow me to change tire size and also increase performance without having to run 92 octane.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i Have The Jet Stage 2 And Did Not Have Much Change In Power, And Still Shuts Off At 115mph. Does Anyone Know How To Get Around The Shut Off Speed??

·
Registered
4 Posts
steve said:
Which one of the programmers is the best and which has the most features?

I want one that will allow me to change tire size and also increase performance without having to run 92 octane.
To be honest, I don't think any of the kits will do much to increase HP or TQ numbers. I have mine set for the 87 tune (running 89 gas). I will try the 91 tune when I need to fill up again. Half tank of 89 and half tank of 93 should be about 91...

I think the torque management aspect is the greatest thing that the Superchip Flashpaq has right now! I haven't had a whole lot of time time to play with the settings (I just got it yesterday) but the tranny now snaps hard into 2nd and third. While it may not increase the HP or TQ numbers it will definately increase the "Butt Dyno" numbers and that was definately worth the cost in my book. You can change the tire size, rev limiter, speed limiter and probably a few others things I can't remember right now.

So far I'm happy with it. Premier Truck Accessories has a great deal going on them now for members of certain forums. You may want to contact them about it if you think you are interested in one.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I've got the Superchips tuner on 91 octane setting and it feels much better than stock. A added benefit is i'm getting a little better milage, maybe not enough to cover the extra 20¢ a gallon but, oh well.

I have a very early '05 model so the trans setting don't work until I can find a dealer to update the TCM, so far no luck in finding one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the Magnum flashed at an event and then put the SC 91 performance tune, lifted speed limiter to 174, adjusted for tire size, paddle kick, stock shift points, reduced torque management.
Wow, better performance, lights 'em up even while going 20 mph!!
Switched to paddle hold and got better MPG for some reason.
I love it and never going back!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts