Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm on my way to get some groceries for the first time from my new house. I was going down a highway, and stopped in the center/turn lane, to make a left turn. Traffic was pretty heavy, so i took the first opportunity, and quickly. As it turns out, there was a divider where someone coming from the opposite direction could make an easy right turn, and someone coming from the place i was trying to pull into could turn right into traffic...and, well...:bump:. I drove right over the concrete..whatever you wanna call it. I call it a pain in the ass.

So my question to all you MAGNUM lovers out there: How the hell do i re-attach my side skirt (or ground effect, whatever you'd call it)? I can't find a diagram or part number telling me what i would need. I know that in the front and the back ends of it its a large black plastic clip, which i still have (and unbroken), but what holds the rest to the car? :beerchug: cheers,
Don Jish

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did the same thing to mine. Broke most of the stock clips, there are about six clips that look like they are designed to break. It just came off way to easy. I installed with the clips that were still good. Then put three pop rivits on each side (on good side also for future protection). I can post pics if you like.

·
Programming and wiring GURU
1,273 Posts
just et your self some new clips form the dealer. the ones on the car dont usually offer reinstallation.

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I still used some stock clips, but added the rivets after seeing how they just broke off so easy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome. Great options, everyone. I really appreciate it.

One of these days, maybe i can repay the favor.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
OUCH.... I think you got pretty lucky only knocking off the side skirt! Happy for you that there wasn't any REAL damage!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, incredibly lucky. I just ordered some clips, they should be here in a few days. totally looking forward to fiddling with it.

·
Eh.. um.. I choose.. sandwich!
1,419 Posts
I did this in one of my friends cars, His glasses broke and he cant see without them so i drove him to the store so we could get some stuff to fix them, Long story short, it was dark and i wasnt familiar with the area and ended up driving over a median while turning into the store. He still hasnt let me forget about it! He said that maybe he would of been better off driving even without his glasses! Luckly for me though there was no damage to his car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha, well, my clips came in the mail today, and i'll take pics of the install, if y'all want. I'll probably do it tomorrow before i go to work, or tonight when i get home at midnight, if i feel like it.

Would anyone be interested in photos? :beerchug:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so...the first picture is with the panel missing.
The second is panel it's self propped up.
The third is the clips i ordered to put it back on (and it was insanely easy), but i'm still missing an end clips, which i'm on the hunt for (and have a picture of, but haven't posted).
Next is the panel re-installed...and lookin sexy again.
Lastly is just a picture of me being awesome.:Death_Has

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts