Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But what I want know is can a duel exhaust system be put in to replace the single line exhaust with no issues

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
I have single in single out 40 series flowmaster on the 2.7 V6 with it split behind the axle to go to each side, not a true dual but it looks and sounds great. Do have a bit of drone with no reso, a cheap short glass pack should fix that but not a priority.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Welcome to the site.

As far as exhaust goes, what are you driving? (engine) It will make a difference.
You want ferocious at idle, you may need to install a cam.

We need some information about what you have, what you want and what you're willing to do to get there.

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
@ Darin...what did you use to split it into dual? Did you buy the blastin bobs dual kit?

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
@ Darin...what did you use to split it into dual? Did you buy the blastin bobs dual kit?
dang demon didnt know a 2.7 could sound so good :) now i have hope for me 3.5 ....
Nope, muffler shop did all the work. I made a template of the cut out on the right side of the bumper and used that to mark the left side. Trimmed it out with a razor knife. I will try to get under it for a pic if it's not too wet.
Thanks, 2.7 does sound good and even getting on it, it doesn't really sound ricerish, sounds a lot like a high performance/high revving v12.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So to install an new exhaust that sounds like pure muscle I will need headers and what else to make sure I have all that is needed ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
follow whatever fireman tells you lol he knows his shit . but form what i seen you need a cam and headers in order to get an even better sound but it does matter what maggy u got ie 2.7 ,3.5 5.7 etc .....
So to install an new exhaust that sounds like pure muscle I will need headers and what else to make sure I have all that is needed ?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This would be your cheapest route. LiveLeak.com - SoundRacer V8 turns your boring family car into a fire-breather However, I'm sure you are looking for something more head turning. Cams will get you the lopey sound you hear, check out fireman's videos of his exhaust and engine mod setup. I've found that most aftermarket exhaust are a bit mild on tone at idle to the old muscle car sound. I think what Demon has is very nice for the v6 setup.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
This would be your cheapest route. LiveLeak.com - SoundRacer V8 turns your boring family car into a fire-breather However, I'm sure you are looking for something more head turning. Cams will get you the lopey sound you hear, check out fireman's videos of his exhaust and engine mod setup. I've found that most aftermarket exhaust are a bit mild on tone at idle to the old muscle car sound. I think what Demon has is very nice for the v6 setup.
Hahaha.....SoundRacer V8, that's bad a$$!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
The black beauty.....I love it!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
btw, You will need to make a cut out in the bumper for duals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Just a local shop here in Goldsboro. Just stop by your local muffler shop and ask them to give you a quote. Tell them what you want and they should be able to give you an estimate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts