Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with the ESP, BAS, BRAKE lights comin on the last three times I've driven. They only light up for a split second, then they'll disappear for the rest of the car trip. I checked my speed sensors and nothin looks outta the ordinary. Replacements are inexpensive, should I just replace em ? If so, is it just a matter of unpluggin the old and pluggin in the new ? OR... do you think this problem is bein caused by somethin else ? The only other time I had this problem was when my steering wheel was WAY crooked. I had an alignment done and have had no problems since then.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
What you might want to try first is disconnecting the speed sensors, clean them if applicable, put them back and see what happens.

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
What about disconnect battery and do that "steering wheel calibration thingy" that was in another thread... Turn all the way one way then center then turn all the way the other way... Cant remember the thread but it was revived recently...

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
Think it was posted by dave... Cant remember but it listed everything that can be recalibrated after disconnecting the battery...

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
What about disconnect battery and do that "steering wheel calibration thingy" that was in another thread... Turn all the way one way then center then turn all the way the other way... Cant remember the thread but it was revived recently...
I remember seein that post a lil while back. I'll have to dig it up.

Because they come on and off, I doubt it's a calibration issue. If the system needed calibration, they'd more than likely come on and stay on until you calibrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts