Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

I'm a new Magnum owner / winter driving?

850 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Carnie 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I just bought a 2005 Magnum SXT. Not thinking of customizing it although I love looking at all the mods you all are making! My husband and I llive in NY where we get some nasty snow storms.

Anyone live in a snowy area and still drive their Magnum in it? I wondered how the ESP works in snow/ice?

Actually, we love the car so much we're thinking of buying a winter rat so we can put this up for the winter. I can't bring myself to drive it through the salt and crap around here.

Would love to hear your thoughts....
Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome to the site. Glad you joined us. Unfortunatly, I can't answer your question about the winter weather. Here in So. Cal, we don't get too much snow or ice. I am sure one of our other members will be able to help answer your question. I assume you have RWD and not AWD?

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. I live in Omaha and we get snow on and off. I know what you mean about the salt. The only thing about the ESP is that trying to get onto the main road from a side road is that if it slick the ESP will shut the throttle off until it gets traction. it can get a bit hairy if you pull out infront of someone. Other than that it is a dream.

#5 ·
Welcome. Sorry I can't halp you out yet, I don't have a magnum yet. But up here in Minnesota we get lots of snow, are first storm last year was an ice storm, it coated everything with about 2 to 3 inches of snow. I couldn't get in my car, I had to climb through the passenger side just to get to work, but ya, if you have AWD, it would be a big help, thats why i'm getting the AWD. So I don't know what else to say, Good luck.

#7 ·
Thanks for the information Semi.....hey....my car looks just like yours, I have the silver with those awesome looking headlights. I noticed not all Magnums have headlights like that. I have had the car for over a month and I can't believe the looks that I get going down the road. Anyone who sees it and can appreciate it, give a good stare down! Makes me a little self-conscious...not used to the attention!

Hey, have any of you seen the movie, "The Island"? The bad guys drive Magnums, my husband and I thought it was so cool to see the car in a movie like that. Too bad they were crashing them!! LOL.

Thanks again for the information, I appreciate it. I look forward to checking back and looking at the modifications you all are making. I may be a chick, but I can appreciate a hot looking car!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.