Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Nick in Lindenhurst, NY on Long Island. I'm looking to buy a Dodge Magnum for my daughter. Hopefully someone here is selling one. I'd like to get a black one either 3.5L or 5.7L with RWD or awd. Location is no problem for me to travel to, I'm retired and have the time. My daily driver is a 2007 SRT8 300 that I love. I also have a 2018 Charger Hellcat and a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 which are 2 great cars. I'm still not sure if a 5.7L magnum is too fast for my daughter or if I should stick with a 3.5L and get awd or RWD. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would look at Auto Trader, or other used car listing for the Southwest. In California, I've seen unusual rust patterns on cars that lived near the beach where wind blows salt water over the car and they tend to rust on the roof and at the base of windows. Cars out here that are from farther inland tend not to rust at all. By farther inland, I mean as little as a mile inland or less. Typically the cars that have the rust problems that I mentioned are literally parked next to the beach. Nevada, Arizona, & New Mexico are also a good place to find rust free used cars.

The Magnum was not a popular model which is why Daimler Chrysler discontinued it for North America after only 3 or 4 years. SUV's and mini vans are much more popular with the "soccer moms" that the Magnum was aimed at. You will probably find more Chargers & Chrysler 300's than Magnums. I bought a 2006 Magnum R/T last spring. I found a lot of Chargers, and quite a few Magnum Se & Sxt models, and also a lot of SRT Magnums, but few R/T. The Se had the small 2.8 liter V6 which I think would be way underpowered, so if you are getting an early V6 look for the 3.5 liter. I think an SRT would be way too powerful for a new driver. My wife has a 2013 Grand Caravan with the 3.6 liter vvt V6 and it is quite powerful. In fact if Ihad been looking for a sedan instead of a wagon, I would have considered a 2013 or newer Charger or 300 with the V6 motor.

By the way, I live in So. Cal. My wife was born in Brooklyn and grew up in Hempstead, L. I. but I married her in 1973 and we moved back to So. Cal. in 1976. I don't like cold winters and snow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts