Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 R/T and I just bought some stock SRT wheels. When I make sharp turns to get out of my driveway, they rub. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what to do? Also, my tire pressure gauge comes on from time to time now. Please help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll go check and come right back. I ordered them from Detroit Wheels and they sent them with tires but I never got specifics. I will get back to you in a few minutes. Thanks for the help

·
Wheelman
475 Posts
I think when you toss SRT rims on a non SRT you need to add wheel spacers in the front so that they don't rub... I think you need the 3mm spacers

Billet Tech has a good set Here, but you can also find lots on ebay and I'm sure most local wheel shops sell them.

·
Wheelman
475 Posts
visually I don't think it would make that big a difference, they only push the wheels out 3mm but if you are worried about your fronts sticking out more than the rears you can toss some spacers on the back wheels as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help. I will go get some today. Does anyone know if there could be an actual problem since the tire pressure gauge started coming on, or is it most likely just the tire pressure... sorry for the dumb girl question.

·
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
3,790 Posts
Thanks for all the help. I will go get some today. Does anyone know if there could be an actual problem since the tire pressure gauge started coming on, or is it most likely just the tire pressure... sorry for the dumb girl question.
Well the easy answer is to check the tire pressure. If the tire pressure is okay, you may have other issues. The tire pressure for the R/T wheels is 30psi. I don't know if it is the same for the SRT wheels but I would imagine that it should be close.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
I don't think there is ANY way for these to work on your RT... you need to just sell them to me..... just kidding... Yup 3mm spacer is what I have heard too. Also maybe a sensor in the wheel is bad??? Good luck on getting it squared away! Jim

·
Wheelman
475 Posts
Well the sensor problem might be due to the lower profile tire... like stingray said the R/T's run with 30PSI the SRT's may run on something different (a higher or lower PSI) so the TPS "brain" in your car (which is still looking for 30PSI) sees an inflation problem.

That's what I'm thinking... I might be way off though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ok.. they rub only at full turn? on the control arm? i was understanding that they would rub no matter what.. mine are sitting in the garage.. killin me to put them on.. spacers are on the way too! just in the mail some where..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well the easy answer is to check the tire pressure. If the tire pressure is okay, you may have other issues. The tire pressure for the R/T wheels is 30psi. I don't know if it is the same for the SRT wheels but I would imagine that it should be close.

I was actually thinking about doing the same and getting SRT wheels for my RT AWD so even if you have the wheels come in with the sensors installed the tire pressure light would come on?

·
If only I could stop moddin'
732 Posts
I was actually thinking about doing the same and getting SRT wheels for my RT AWD so even if you have the wheels come in with the sensors installed the tire pressure light would come on?
Make sure you get wheels that fit an AWD, I don't think stock SRT wheels fit an AWD RT

·
Registered
3 Posts
The brake system is using the 5.7L Dodge Charger police car front calipers. It is actually the export 300C 5.7L pads and the police car brake pads will go on. You can buy those from Mopar. Those are a little more track capable if your main focus with the car is at the track.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts