Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^ Thanks GK, at least it shows you actually read it! haha I guess I might not be %100 with my material terms because it is kind of hard to decipher silicone, rubber, silicone-rubber composite from one another haha I didn't think it would be a huge issue but I have no problem editing my original post as things are brought to my attention. . . silicone it is.

·
A disturbance in the force.
1,589 Posts
nice work!! you put in a lot of effort on this. thanx. when i had my honda, i was all about the ebay specials. but now that i have a car that i really love, i can bring myself to cheap out.

however, all i have done to my intake so far is remove the silencer... which is obviously cheaper then ebay. ha.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Nice work, thanks for sharing all your hard work and time that you put into this.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Damn dude this is an excellant thread...you should post it over on Lxforums too I know there are a lot of V6 guys over there that would appreciate it....

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Well done. Helpful stuff like this is why I keep nominating and voting for you. Beans for your work.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Well done sir!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
great job man as far as i am concerned... looks like k&n had the grestest increase

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
great job man as far as i am concerned... looks like k&n had the grestest increase
? how so? K&N didn't get a second dyno run.

Arg, don't remind me!

I wouldn't feel comfortable saying the K&N would have performed better than the others but at the same time I can't say it was worse.

A very rough logic to me is that in test group one each intake dropped around 2-3HP because heat was becomming an issue so if you trace the K&N back to position one you are at the tested 7HP + 4-6 . . . bringing you up to the 12HP range.

Now that is a really rough observation and there are many factors involved etc but considering the filter size and design I feel the K&N would be at par with the BB and AH.

Haha I don't know I have thought about this WAY to much I explained my theories but the info is there for you to make your own.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts