Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

indiglo gauge installation question

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Daveeboy 
#1 ·
I bought an indiglo gauge face overlay that is specific for Magnums & Chargers. Included was a inverter with knob dimmer control. It did not come with wiring instructions. Has anyone done this and can walk me through the processes? I have read a lot of different sites about installation on Honda's and Ford's, but can't find anything about 2006 Dodge's. Some sites say not to wire directly to the existing running light knob, but some say you can do this. I think it would be easier to connect to the existing light switch and turn everything on/off at the same time. HELP!!

Here is what I ordered:
This is a brand new set of BLUE Glowing Gauges for 2006-2010 DODGE CHARGER & MAGNUM with 140MPH Top Speed Models. Never been used. These gauges have a Non-Glare/Scratch Resistant Surface. Gauges are black during the day and glow blue / white when lit. The auction winner will receive a set of Glow gauges, dimmer inverter and all necessary wiring to complete the installation. These gauges DO NOT require the removal of the gauge needles for installation.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If its you bought it from a company in the USA, I would contact them for instructions, but hopefully some one will chime in.

#3 ·
I have used a lot of different el panels and inverters over the years and what you have in the pic is a simple 2 wire hook-up. You do need to connect to a constant 12v (not dimmable by any other controls) source and use ONLY the inverter control to dim the panel you have. I would advise connecting to a switched 12v source to ensure that only when your acc\ign is ON that the inverter is powered. Doing this will also give you the ability to run in "stealth mode" where you could turn off ALL your interior and exterior lights and have ONLY the cluster lit up.

#5 ·
I used this kit on my '05 Magnum RT to solve the "dead dash light" issue. Worked better than expected HOWEVER there are a few points: It is not made for the 05 so I had to trim it. Not bad, but I was *scared* to trim the "glowing" part so it does cover up a bit of the VIC.

I hid the control box inside the dash which was a mistake. I't a bit too bright and I wont be able to dim it until I tear the dash apart again. I'd rather not.

In answer to the original question here I wired in to the factory headlight switch. Boom. Works as factory. I just put the meter on the leads going in/out of the switch and found a +12 that acted correctly. Also, the face went over the stock needles on min with no issue - I did not have to remove the needles from the stem therefore avoiding any calibration issues.

I do have one question maybe some of you can answer - Is it OK to trim the glowing portion? If I could take off a few mm of the area under the speedo needle I could then match it up to the top edge of the VIC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.