Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who around here has lowered ther Mags? Did you have a shop do it or do it your self? If you did it, how long it take and any special tricks to doing it???

·
Registered
320 Posts
Had mine done last week. It's awesome now. Just dropped the front and left the back stock. Best to have a shop do it. Looked dangerous to me. They all had the springs clamped down on this machine before puttin em on the posts... looked lke they knew whet they were doing. They let me shoot it. Otta have a video of it soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grinner said:
Had mine done last week. It's awesome now. Just dropped the front and left the back stock. Best to have a shop do it. Looked dangerous to me. They all had the springs clamped down on this machine before puttin em on the posts... looked lke they knew whet they were doing. They let me shoot it. Otta have a video of it soon.
Yeah I looked at the maintenance manual, and it is quite involved. I think that I will just pay. I did a S-10 back in the day with lowering spindles. Ruined some balljoint boots. Plus I can have them align it. Hopefully they wont give me to much crap for non Mopar springs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just go to your local AutoZone or something similar and get a Spring Compresser, they will let you rent them. I've lowered about 10 cars, nothing this new, the other cars old springs had time to wear down tension. I've heard of people trying to take a spring off and busing themselves in the face. My old car we just took the entire strut assembly off and it was easier? I'm afraid to do my Magnum but I'm going to do it myself as well.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked in the maintenance manual a lil deeper and there is a "special tool 9362 Position Wrench" that is needed to remove the upper mount of the shock tower to get to the springs off. What I think I will do is take the towers off and then go to a place like MIDAS to have them just swap out the springs and reassemble it. Heck more and more I think about it, im getting lazy, if I can find someone to swap them for $100-$150, I just gonna let them do it.

Hey Grinner any idea how much the front spring swap was?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had mine done at a shop and then was 4whl aligned.

I used Eibach springs. It firmed up the ride just perfect. The body rolled is much much less. Then I had 20"tire/whl combo and This magnum rides like on rails. Yet it still has the good ride,but firm. I tried 22"'s but it was too too firm. I did not like it at all.
It handles very well, I was going to add the Eibach sway bar kit, but friend did the springs/and bar kits and his rides like a log. he' pulling off the barkit.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the F up on the roof, I am putting the springs on hold. Going with the AirRaid kit. Too bad Uncle Sam dont pay better hahah.

·
Registered
320 Posts
just the two front springs was 50 bucks for one hour labor. Got a 4 wheel alignment at the same time for 70 bucks. I shot some video of it. I'll have a litle walk through of it soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
grinner said:
just the two front springs was 50 bucks for one hour labor. Got a 4 wheel alignment at the same time for 70 bucks. I shot some video of it. I'll have a litle walk through of it soon.
Kewl, maybe it get me to get the nerve up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts