Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken the time to install the Dodge OEM Remote Starter? It is suppose to integrate with the Sentry Key System. What is the difficulty level? Is it easy to screw something up? What is preferred the 'standard' setup or the 'two-way' system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
OEM Remote

The install was pretty easy. If you have the upgraded sound w/amp, it's easier to get to the brake light module if you remove the amp. If your installing it in other than the Hemi, look in the rear of the instruction manual for the wiring diagram showing alternate colors for the TACH connection as the install in my wife's 300 Touring model did not match the step-by-step
suggestion for her model, nor was there any single element as shown in the directions. Just tap into any TACH wire connected to the plugs. Took me about 4 hours with distractions and hunting for the correct TACH connection.
Works great, you keep both keys. The 2 way wasn't available when I got mine but I may install that one in my Magnum.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that sounds encouraging. I had downloaded an install manual from another website and it seemed straight forward (except for the programming). But you know how it is... it looks simple until you actually open up the dash.

What does the two-way option give me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts