Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It all started with smoothing and filling the stock bezel, then went to the ashtry to tie it together, then the shifter bezel and finally the instrument cluster rings. I see what Chip Foose means by moddin subtly, with the matching textured paint throughout the interior, I think that it could pass for stock.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Very subtle changes are usually the best, they don't hit you in the face and say "look at me". You see one little thing and then you start to notice other little things that add up to a big difference in the overall look. looks great.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grinner said:
looks awesome.

now vacume da freakin floor.

sheesh
;)
Grasshopper do good master?

Hey I was dodging rain/snowstorms. The apts here put down rocks for any lil chance of freezing stuff. Even if I vac right away, as soon as I step outside and in, it looks like a sandbox.

·
Registered
320 Posts
did you ever see my steering weheel after spraying the silver stuff black? I havn't any chrome inside at all not unless ya count the bevel rings on the AC knobs. Even the pillars are black. I'ma spray the rear hatch tan cover this week then tear into that fugly headliner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
grinner said:
looks awesome.

now vacume da freakin floor.

sheesh
;)

LMBBO!!! I was thinking the same thing. Seriously though, it looks good. I've been thinking about doing the same to my lower door panels too.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grinner said:
did you ever see my steering weheel after spraying the silver stuff black? I havn't any chrome inside at all not unless ya count the bevel rings on the AC knobs. Even the pillars are black. I'ma spray the rear hatch tan cover this week then tear into that fugly headliner.
Ive seen some pics. but been waiting for the interior walk thru video haha. Do you have the dark or light slate interior. When I get to WY, I will be thinking hard again about changing the top half of the interior. Im not going to to the suede wrap. Suede is too high maint for me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
man, it is. Every time I haul something in the back my sub boxes have stuff all over em. Like dust bunny magnets.
I have the dark slate interior. Makes it easier to black everyhting out. All I have left to black out are the B pillars, the headliner and the felt trim rings around the doors and sunroof. I'll have to paint the seatbelt holder thingies too.
Did the back gate cover with the same rustolium I did the A and C pillars in. Didn't turn out near as good as the pillars. I'll havta wrap it to cover it up. The pillars look good but I'll end up wrappin them too just to match everything. The windshield will be tinted so no worries about the the A pillars fading once wrapped.
Suede is very bad about fading.

·
Registered
132 Posts
question about painting..

are you pulling out pieces of the dash that are not balck..and spraying them with krylon?

any tips on paint..whats best for the plasti n the doors..pillars etc..prep..that sort of thing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
question about painting..

are you pulling out pieces of the dash that are not balck..and spraying them with krylon?

any tips on paint..whats best for the plasti n the doors..pillars etc..prep..that sort of thing?
Any one know? :trink13: :trink13:

·
Registered
29 Posts
It all started with smoothing and filling the stock bezel, then went to the ashtry to tie it together, then the shifter bezel and finally the instrument cluster rings. I see what Chip Foose means by moddin subtly, with the matching textured paint throughout the interior, I think that it could pass for stock.

i can never see your pics for some reeason

·
Registered
8 Posts
umm

<--- cant see pics either...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any one know? :trink13: :trink13:
"SEM" any Auto Paint supply store should have it. Did my buddies Charger. They also sell a 'flat' clear to help protect the paint.

Lotsa prep also goes a long way, from scuffing to cleaning to alcohol...and finally the paint.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
It is a real old post, so the pictures have probably been deleted by the member that originally posted them. He basically did the same thing I did, plus he painted the instrument cluster rings as well. On the '05 models the radio bezels are textured and looked kinda like carbon fiber sorta.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts