Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to condition your interior? The dash is like a soft plastic or rubber of some kind and I’ve never had one like that. All of my cars were the hard plastic. Do you just Armor All it or wipe it clean with a damp cloth? Mine is starting to get dirty and already has some prints and such from the dealership when I got it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
stay away from armor all its to gressy. For the top off the dash i use water with a drop of hand soap in it. you dont want it shinny. everything else i use a marine grade plastic conditioner on becuse it cleans and adds some shine but its not oilly. leather use zymol conditioner.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I dont have the leather so its a lil easier. Last summer when gas was over $3, I was using the AC sparingly, esp for the 15 min trip for work, plus I liked listening to the exhaust ahha. So after 12 hours in 100+ temps on the flightline, needless to say I was a lil grungy, the arm rest on the door panel was nasty. Tried everything, soapy water & brush, but the grain would not come clean. For grins and giggle I tried some of that cheapo "bubbling" bathroom cleaner, and it worked great. Put it on for about 30 secs then clean water & sponge to rinse it off. Of course, I would not try that on anything but the vinyl or hard plastic areas. As for the rest of the dash, just use a sponge and water.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i like to use mothers cleaner and conditioner for the leather,its real easy to use and it smells real nice.....i try to do mine at least once a month if not every 2 weeks for the top i like to a semi gloss.....its not as greasy....

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like the smell of Zainos leather care...so thats what I usually use, but I also have Pinnacle and Menzerna leather care products...dash I only use a microfiber to clean off...once every 3-4 months I condition it with Blackfire (I think...maybe , not sure...not in New York to check sorry) It leaves it looking the same but clean and conditioned, so its protected from cracking, hopefully...Armor all stinks, way to greasey...I think its way to greasey even for tires...I use Blackfire Long Lasting Tire Gel on my tires, leaves a not so wet but semi-wet, clean rubber look.

·
Go Dupont Racing!
33 Posts
Pinnacle makes a good interior vynl/plastic conditioner, works well, not greasy, leaves a little shine but not much.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the interior plastic parts if they get dirty, it really does work like magic. It use Meguiar's Interior detailer on the dash and door panels, leaves it clean but not greasy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts