Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best performance tune for my stock o6 srt8? Do I just increase the throttle response and adjust the wheel measurements while leaving everything else alone (or stock)?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
What's the best performance tune for my stock o6 srt8? Do I just increase the throttle response and adjust the wheel measurements while leaving everything else alone (or stock)?
That depends on what octane fuel you have available in your area and what you'd like to use. Let's say you've decided on a 91 octane performance tune. The parameters you'd like to adjust for your car should be

tire size - enter the tread with, profile and rim size.
throttle boost - ok to go 20% if you want to.
transmission - Autostick auto up shift mode - mode 1, gear ratio - leave it alone, reset adaptives - yes
(Not sure if the Intune has shift firmness settings or shift points for the SRT)
If it does, select increased firmness and stock shift points

That's all you'll be concerned about in a stock SRT. Fan speed settings, rev limiters, speed limiters, fuel and spark are all advanced settings that require either other modifications or custom tuning to use. A good rule of thumb is - If you're not sure what it does, ask before you change. Diablosports forum is a good place for resources.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I currently have the EXACT settings flashed to my RT, as fireman posted... and It is SO MUCH FUN! the autostick mode 1 is sweet with increased shift firmness, the car feels like much more of a performance vehicle.

Im very impressed with the results considering the huge difference it made in driveability without adding any parts.

I would love to drive an SRT8 with those settings. What a beast!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I tried the Mode 1 tonight with my Intune.
It takes the 'Auto' right out of automatic transmission! Having to shift up everytime is no problem if you like driving around above 2k rpms all the time. I could see how it would be useful when trolling the hood looking for a streetfight! As an everyday / commuting tune, not so sure... Don't get me wrong, it was fun!!
When I hit the highway it seemed to never shift out of 4th gear (up to 80mph). Bill, Is this right?
What does mode 2 do? Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Saving up for a Trinity .... Cant wait !!!!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I tried the Mode 1 tonight with my Intune.
It takes the 'Auto' right out of automatic transmission! Having to shift up everytime is no problem if you like driving around above 2k rpms all the time. I could see how it would be useful when trolling the hood looking for a streetfight! As an everyday / commuting tune, not so sure... Don't get me wrong, it was fun!!
When I hit the highway it seemed to never shift out of 4th gear (up to 80mph). Bill, Is this right?
What does mode 2 do? Thanks.
Mode 1 and 2 do the same thing. If mode 1 doesn't work, try mode 2. Sounds like mode 1 works properly for you. It's supposed to "disable" automatic upshifting to the next gear. In mode 1, (or 2) if you don't shift to the next gear manually, it will stay in the selected gear and just bounce of the rev limiter. It's more like a true manual transmission. That's why on a stock motor, you want to leave the rev limiters stock. Don't want to over- rev the motor. It better suited for spirited driving.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I see, thanks.
The only real drawback I saw was not being able to 'manually' shift it to 5th on the highway. Maybe I was not doing it right or going fast enough for it to allow?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I see, thanks.
The only real drawback I saw was not being able to 'manually' shift it to 5th on the highway. Maybe I was not doing it right or going fast enough for it to allow?
Oh wait, you should have 5th anytime going over 35 mph or so. I'm sorry I didn't comprehend that part. Try mode 2 then and see what happens.

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
The best performance tune for your maggie is to take off those vipers and give them to me :haha:

I love auto stick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts