Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Has anyone attempted to figure out a way to connect your iPod into your factory or aftermarket stereo?

I tried the tuner adapter that goes into the cig. ltr. plug and it leaves alot to be desired. Especially if you live where there are not alot of clear stations.

I have a cable that allows me to connect my iPod to my home stereo. It has RCA plugs on one end (input L & R) and the other plugs in to the iPod where the headphones would go.

I have an 8 hour drive for vacation coming up the middle of August and would like to figure this out by then if possible. No since in lugging 100 CD's with me if I don' have to. lol

Thanks in advance for any and all help. BTW, great site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried looking on cruthchfeild.com? they have a section what fits my car then a link to all the ipod connectors, an also they have good customer service and will awnser most your questions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have installed alot of the harmon kardon drive and plays in newer cars with great success and cool looks, also if you want to do aftermarket radios, we (Circuit City) sell ipod adapters for all of our aftermarket radios, there are also adapters for factory radios from PAC and metra that will allow you to use the changer or sat. radio inputs to do an ipod. But the hk drive and play is probably the most popular and takes about an hour to install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bad news from the dodge dealer. As you may or may not of heard. DCX is integrating the iPod into their line of cars. The Magnum part for this JUST came out in the new parts catalog, its part # 82210181 and I think it had a .75 install time!

But here is the gotcha... ITS A FRICKEN FM MODULATOR!!!!!

Might as well go to goodguys

·
Registered
16 Posts
The stock CD deck in my 06 has an AUX plug right on the face. I just got a cord with two male jacks on it and hook my iPod up that way. I am replacing in on Wednesday with an OEM Navigation and 6 disc system. Hopefully, that one will have the plug too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got mine back from the shop today. No AUX jack but with 6 discs of mp3s, it's a suitable alternative. Oh, and they gave me the 2007 NAV disc too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts