Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't too happy with my first set up (first pic) I messed up on the boxes, didn't know how to cover the set up so I could throw things in the trunk etc. So I decided to upgrade!! and in the process I downgraded from 2-12's and 2-amps to one of ea. (I have another vehicle in which they will be placed. I also made it a little easier to access the battery and Fuse box!

I need to raise the section closes to the seat so it sits flush, and add a little strap so I can lift it up to store things under (like the stock cover)

I did the cut out cover to protect the system when I have things in the trunk and to be able to show off the system when the time comes. This was also the fist time I have done the raised logo effect

If you can tell me how to post pics in the thread and not as attachments I can post my entire process of this build. Thanks for looking-

Attachments

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Very nice and clean thats what i wanna do

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
You did a GREAT job! I love the way it came out!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think that is what a lot of people on here want to do, including me. Questions, is the spare tire still under there too? And is the the original floor you have sitting on top of your new setup? If so (original floor or new one) doesn't it muffled the sound of the woofer when it sitting on top of it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the complements! The spare is still in the car, the box sits on the lips on the side of the trunk that the original floor used to right above the spare. I cut the bottom dark gray molded floor in half and am only using the section closes to the seats. The rest of the set up is MDF. and the cover (speaker grille) is peg board, the sound isn't really muffled but the little round section vibrates a little with the higher bass.

Please Explain How to post pics in the thread so I can post more than 5 - A PICS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
I use Photobucket. you load you pix there, then just cut and paste the "img" file to your post...

and the installs BOTH look great!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK- Im going to take a few more pics tomorrow, then I'll try to post them all!
The Wraith - Love that Grille, Im looking at Dankos Open Mouth Maggie grille, but would love to know how you did your cross bar!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ok, now I'm really interested if the spare is still in and the battery is accessible. I'm sure doing something like this is WAY cheaper than $500+ for the pocket enclosures. I just didn' want to get rid of the spare for obvious reasons.

Waitin' on them pics now, LOL!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
OK Here they are I hope!!

Old set up

Deconstruction

Cutting out the top of the box / this piece will be split in half

Box all glued and nailed together (amp will go in the opening)

Checking the fit, added the amp and hinges

Open sesame - bottom of amp

Access to battery

The battery and the spare

The box sits on this ledge

and that one

Access to the spare

I cut the molded floor in half

Storage

The box covered with suede

My first raised logo

The trim pieces (prg board) covered and ready for install

Show'n off

Houdini

This is why I need my trunk

I have have to raise the back section so it sits flush and add some straps so I can easily lift the different sections but this is basically the finished project!! It was super easy and cost about $50-$60 bucks,

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is a nice job Bro!!! you right about pics worth a thousand words. i was like how he get it flush after folding lol now i see there is a template that goes over it. NICE!!!job again! lol if i would have seen it earlier i would have never made the pocket one what a pain in the [email protected]$. lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is absolutely sick! You have just caused me to add another mod to my growing list...DAMN YOU!!! LOL!

So if you don't mind me asking, what is your complete setup as far as your audio system goes (headunit, sub, amp, etc.) from front to back?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts