Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I love boobies
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lol, no...Im never gonna sell my Magnum so get that thought out of your head :haha:

Well, it looks like im going to be entering the car into the AutoRama ~ Hot Rod Car Show, Custom Car Shows, Bobbers, Customs, Summit Show Car Series - Autorama / World of Wheels ~ again this year and I have decided to get off my a$$ and change it up a little. The car has to be up at the local expo the evening of March 1st so that leaves me about 3 weeks to get everything done. Unfortunately, I have decided that instead of "spilling the beans" I would throw up an update every time I complete a project. Soooooo, its kinda gonna be a 3 week teaser =)

To start things off I decided to open up the tube of 3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl I got from Steve, thanks buddy! This stuff is great!

This was my first time working with vinyl so I started small.

After taking the hair dryer to the piece and making sure everything was smooth including the sides and corners.

And after trimming the piece.

Here's a side by side to see the difference.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I like the look Karl!

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
Karl, just gotta keep getting better!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looks good, I want to wrap the black piece by the windshield wipers, someone take my idea and do it, as the wife will never let me spend money on vinyl!!!

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Looks great!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
That looks great; Two questions: 1. Does it come with sticky on the back side? And 2. How hard was it to apply and did you wrap the edges underneath? Thanks.

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
LOL. You and I have the same mod bug (not talking about the engine bay inserts). I have been using that on my motorcycle to carbon a few areas. Nice turnout.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Looks good! I like it. Ill be watching for the rest of your mods:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
That looks great man!!! I'd hadn't even had a chance to use the stuff I got yet, but it's coming soon!!!

·
I love boobies
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the look Karl!
Thanks Bill!

Karl, just gotta keep getting better!
Been getting board with the car, gotta do something =)

Wow! What a difference.
Looks great!
Thanks Dave, I like the way it turned out also.

Looks good, I want to wrap the black piece by the windshield wipers, someone take my idea and do it, as the wife will never let me spend money on vinyl!!!
You will get to see what it looks like very soon my friend =)

Looks great!
Thanks bro!

That looks great; Two questions: 1. Does it come with sticky on the back side? And 2. How hard was it to apply and did you wrap the edges underneath? Thanks.
1. Yes
2.It was very easy. On this piece I trimmed it on the sides, didn't wrap under.

Looking good! And thanks for posting before and after pics!
Thanks man, no problem

the carbon fiber wrap came out great. cant wait to see the finished product under the hood.
Under the hood is just the beginning =)

LOL. You and I have the same mod bug (not talking about the engine bay inserts). I have been using that on my motorcycle to carbon a few areas. Nice turnout.
lol, this stuff is great isnt it?

Looks good! I like it. Ill be watching for the rest of your mods:popcorn:
Thanks!

Looks sweet. I need to get some vinyl soon!
Thanks man, you wont regret it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts