Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried installing the JBA catback system on my Magnum R/T last night and ran into a couple problems.

I could not get the "sure seal" clamps around the x pipe where it meets in the front to the cat. pipes. I manage to get one on, but there was no threads left for me to put the nut on and tighten. I ended up using the U type clamps. That leaves me with 2 clamps missing and of course this happened after the local auto stores where closed.

Obviously I don't have everything tight yet, but it seems the x pipe will rest on the x-member. How do you adjust this? The hangers have no adjustments. Also, I am missing the most rearward exhaust hangers and bolts, the ones for the tips. I had the rear resonators cut off around 6 months ago and the exhaust shop must have tossed them. Do I really need those?

I was bummed. I was hoping to drive her to work today with a new rumble, but will have to wait for the weekend.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
The only way I know to adjust the hangers is by bending them slightly. You don't want them to touch anything or you will have a nasty rattle. The brackets should be welded to the pipes on the JBA system and require no bolts, they slip into the stock rubber hangers.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got everything installed and so far I love the sound. Still not loud enough for me, but I am used to a 2 chamber Flowmaster on my Dakota. I ended up going to Pep Boys and getting another exhaust clamp. I will have to post a pic of the 2 "sure seal" clamps that came with the kit. I am almost sure they are too small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts