Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a common problem for DIY installs and it can be fixed but heres my question.. HOW lol

i noticed it rite away but was like ehh just happy to have a new catback but after 2 weeks omg it needs to go! it sounds like its coming from where the mids meet the catback like right under the shifter, i believe the crossbar is a little further back under the back seat area

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
It's probably hitting on the crossmember. That's where most of the rattles come from. You can try removing it to see if you can confirm.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont need that to help support it? i thought it would rattle on it but thought it was a pretty necessary part
It's probably hitting on the crossmember. That's where most of the rattles come from. You can try removing it to see if you can confirm.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I dont need that to help support it? i thought it would rattle on it but thought it was a pretty necessary part
I'm not saying remove the crossmember permanently. Just remove it to confirm that's the source of your rattle. It's not there to support the exhaust. I'd take Ruebens advice and use washers to get more clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts