Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to start off by saying hey to everyone.... I have a 07 mag with the 3.5 eng and was told i had a bad throttle body. etc light would come on atleast once a day..... now i paid $224 from the dealership for a new one.... had it put in.... now it does the etc light thing everytime i drive slower than 45 mph..... please someone tell me what i need to do... oh yea i will put a pic up of my halo lights they look great looking to do other mods but dont know yet..... thanks in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome from Long Island NY....Im sure someone will chime in soon with some help. Never done Throttle bodies before...

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
do a key dance. this will give us some more info sir.
i could also be a vacuum leak. this happened to me and i found the seal that goes to the egr tube was bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh there is nothing on the dash... no engine light nothing.... it jus comes on now more frequently the etc lights with the car tire slip light..... whats a key dance.... I'm like really new to mags but inlove almost instantly

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
explain tps..... and if there is no engine light on i thought that scanning it would show nothing.... and nope just the TB in a brown box no other piece

·
Registered
227 Posts
Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position. Don't start car.

Now, turn it back to the "acc" position.

back to the "on" position.

back to the "acc" position

Now back to the "on" position.

Now look to the odometer for code information. Any code(s) will be displayed, followed by "-----" and "done" after the last code or if there are no codes set.

·
Registered
227 Posts
P2173 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Hi Airflow Detected

Just for your reference...Complete List of Trouble Codes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ok so how do i fix that need help .. i'm tired of doing 90 mph on the streets jus to keep the sensor thing from going off..lol... do i have to adjust something or do i jus take it to the dealer

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
If you paid the dealer to fix the problem, they need to handle it. Take it back and tell them to fix it.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
All I did was buy the part and had someone else put it in..... So what do I do now
"High airflow detected" may be because the new throttle body wasn't installed correctly. It may be leaking around the base. The first thing I'd do is remove it and make sure the "O" ring is in good shape and that it's installed correctly. You may have to get a new "O" ring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok will do... i will see if thats the problem crossing fingers.... now we can trade mags if u want yours look real fast... whats the horse power

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
i am going to bet that that it could be 3 things
1. o-ring is bad or gone
2. o-ring is missing from the egr tube on the back of the intake. someone at one time prob did a tune up with new plugs
3. there is a crack in the upper intake. from a tune up

all data list them as
1. intermittent dtc
2. vacuum leak
3. map sensor circuit (s) open, shorted or high resistance
4. throttle body circuit (s) open, shorted or high resistance
5. map sensor
6. throttle body
7. powertrain control module (pcm)

if you dont find or hear and hissing then here is a tip for you.
let the engine completely cool down.
make sure all of the intake is on
start the mag
very quickly spray some starting fluid around the intake (side by the tb, rear and under it.
if ther is any kind of crack. the the vacuum from the crack will suck in the starting fluid and the engine will rev up.
if there is anything else i can help you with give me a shout.
i have all data so i can send all the info that u will need to test everything.

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
when the TB is changed, its pretty easy for the IAT sensor plug and/or the O-ring gasket to not be 100% in place. double check the electrical connection, be sure that the gasket is on properly, and report back after that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am going to bet that that it could be 3 things
1. o-ring is bad or gone
2. o-ring is missing from the egr tube on the back of the intake. someone at one time prob did a tune up with new plugs
3. there is a crack in the upper intake. from a tune up

all data list them as
1. intermittent dtc
2. vacuum leak
3. map sensor circuit (s) open, shorted or high resistance
4. throttle body circuit (s) open, shorted or high resistance
5. map sensor
6. throttle body
7. powertrain control module (pcm)

if you dont find or hear and hissing then here is a tip for you.
let the engine completely cool down.
make sure all of the intake is on
start the mag
very quickly spray some starting fluid around the intake (side by the tb, rear and under it.
if ther is any kind of crack. the the vacuum from the crack will suck in the starting fluid and the engine will rev up.
if there is anything else i can help you with give me a shout.
i have all data so i can send all the info that u will need to test everything.
This is great only thing that does not apply I bought the O ring with the TB..... Now in the morning when I start the car there is a hissing tone that I here do you think that is the problem......

·
Registered
892 Posts
without being all proper with terminolgy here it is in barney rubble level as I said in the ARMY days LOL, what ever was removed was probably not replaced correctly and a leak of air is somewhere.
I would look for the proper placement of the upper intake plenum if it was removed (sometimes a bracket is missed and everything else seems to look fine)
Check all the air hoses attached to the upper plenum. the hoses may not be plugged in or even be frayed, split, hole, cut etc.
The metal tube hose in the back of the plenum is a BI**H to put on if you dont do it the right way.
Or you may just have the rubber ring around that metal tube back their behind the plenum all jacked up or ripped up like mine was i had to use silicon to prevent air from being sucked in.
Whatever I missed everyone else chimned in about already, damn tune ups always make me miss a step in puttng it all back together properly.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I'll bet it's at the seal between the throttle body and the manifold. Odds are that the "O" ring got pinched during the install or there's some debris that got trapped during installation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts