Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2007 dodge magnum sxt and I was wondering from personal experience what are the best engine mods I'm getting my tax return soon and want to upgrade I already know in tune
And also I've been reading times on my car but to meet they seem wayyy off because when I gas it I get up to speed really quick I can't test it till the snow melts

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,577 Posts
Only ONE of our six magnums is an SXT with the 3.5L engine and four speed trans, however ours has, I believe 343 gears from the factory and it actually runs as fast as ALL of our RT with the 5.7L. Ours has TRUE dual exhaust from the engine all the way to the rear with NO "X" OR "Y" pipe and honestly shocks me how good this car really runs. Only other small mod is a cone air filter replacing the air filter box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only ONE of our six magnums is an SXT with the 3.5L engine and four speed trans, however ours has, I believe 343 gears from the factory and it actually runs as fast as ALL of our RT with the 5.7L. Ours has TRUE dual exhaust from the engine all the way to the rear with NO "X" OR "Y" pipe and honestly shocks me how good this car really runs. Only other small mod is a cone air filter replacing the air filter box.
But how do I tell if mine a 343 gears?
And it came from factory with duals and what cold air intake should I get

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The stock differential gear ratios for ours cars..........

SRT - 3.06

R/T - 2.82

SXT RWD - 3.64

SXT AWD - 3.07

SE - 3.90

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Yes I'm sure it is a 3.5 sxt its on all my papers n has the engine cover so what am I taking a picture of just the car itself or the engine
Just the exhaust, and we can help you id what aftermarket exhaust you have. Anyway.... performance wise you can do tuner, bigger throttle body, cold air intake, headers, and if you are more adventurous (money) then cams and supercharger.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Just the exhaust, and we can help you id what aftermarket exhaust you have. Anyway.... performance wise you can do tuner, bigger throttle body, cold air intake, headers, and if you are more adventurous (money) then cams and supercharger.
Is a bigger TB really worth the cash tho ? Does a few millimeters make that much difference ?

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Is a bigger TB really worth the cash tho ? Does a few millimeters make that much difference ?
rwalshphoto ran dyno tests of his ported TB and ported lower intake manifold. Together, the added about 12-15hp. Alone they added about 5-6hp a piece.

They do add some power but I find them to be very low on the hp to cost ratio.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
The ported and polished 71mm reduced the throttle lag. I dont have a tuner so it was very noticeable to me. I got a used one at a really good price so it was a no brainer.
I just replaced my stock TB a few months ago and didn't even think about goin with a bigger one at the time. Had I thought about it, I prolly would have. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a used one. I changed my throttle response with the inTune and it made a huge difference. It's one of the most noticeable improvements.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can contact dodge via the Internet and get your build sheet emailed to you with all your options from the factory. About the mods you can start simple CAI intune ,headers,performance cats. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.